Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Prams

Has anyone else picked their pram yet?

We are going for the mamas and papas Rubix, it is on offer at the minute for £299, including carrycot, footmuff, parasol and changebag, and is compatible with the maxi-cosi cabriofix seat from before. We will also have the quinny zapp frame in the other car, so can use that with teh seat for just popping out.

We have got a vintage coachbuilt silvercross, (1958 Deaville, in British racing green) but simply can't fit it in the house anymore, which makes me sad, as I love it soooo much (it's currently in storage, but think we just need to bite the bullet and sell it, it will pay for a air ticket to Canada for next summer!)

What do people fancy? (if money was no object I would be having a baby jogger city select!)  When are you going to buy it, I love prams and looking at them and researching them!

Replies

• I really like the look of the quinny buzz 3 but hubby and I are going to have a look this weekend and have a play around with some to get a better idea. Won't be buying anything and maybe some people think its too early to even look but I like to be organised! x
  • My mum has already put a deposit on the Oyster! We looked at the rubix but wanted a seperate pram body so the oyster won. My mum is so excited and keeps buying little things, each item is "the last one for now"... Xx
  • I'm not getting a New pram hubby would kill me! I have a icandy peach which I adore and a baby jogger city mini for travelling, Ds is walking more and more now so my only pram purchase will be buggy board!
  • I have the mothercare my4 from my last 2 babies and i LOVE it, so easy to manouver and the carseat fits the frame too. x
  • I won't be having a new pram (i don't think), I have 4 already, one that the carseat fits onto, a stroller, for 6mth+ and 2 doubles, both side by side but my 3 wheel one is a bit big.

• I have exactly the same as Scottie (peach & city mini) & highly recommend both! Good taste Scottie! Imogen will be 2 & 4 months so I'm thinking of just a buggy board but friend is ready to sell her city mini double so I'm considering that! They have a good resale value so I reckon we'd get back most or all of what we pay!x
  • theres too many to choose from.  i just can't decide.  love looking though.  mind you my hubby loves anything bright so if he spots a bright green one or something like that he'll be wanting it.  i think he was a moth in his former life. image

• We have a Bugaboo Cameleon at the moment for DD which we love, so will be getting the Bugaboo Donkey Duo next, DD will only be 18-19 months when number 2 arrives so will still need a buggy. Already picked colours which will suit boy & girl so excited image x
  • I have no idea what to get, I've been looking online already!

Looking forward to going pram shopping. It's interesting to see people's opinions- everyone likes different ones! The iCandy peach seems popular though.

I'm going to wait till after 12week scan then go for a look at them x
  • We had the mothercare my 4 last time but I'm not fussed, its so hard to put up and down as the carrycot and car seat get stuck on the frame,drives my mad so not sure I want to use it again. I want a seperate pram/carry cot part and one that I can pop the car seat onto the frame but don't want to play loads- any ideas?x
  • I also have the iCandy peach, my ds will be 23 months so think we will just get the converter kit to make it into the peach blossom. I love my iCandy and have found it perfect for what I need x
  • Newlook - have a look at the new Graco Evo, it's big, got a big basket, seperate carrycot, very easy to fold. I liked that but opted for the Oyster. Best to write down all the features you need, research online - the Which website is great for reviews. Then take your short list round the shops. The Mamas And Papas Sola is a good one too xx
  • Tasha - we have a bright green pram! It's the mothercare my3. It's a pain though. Too big to manouevere around shops / public transport. I also have a ??10 car boot sale maclaren buggy which is ideal for chucking in the car. I'm currently wondering if we need to research doubles, or if I can get away with using the sling and pram / buggy board. Might wait and see what happens when bubs arrives. Would need one that lets the baby lie flat while toddler can sit up so any suggestions welcome!
  • OK  so after the scan yesterday, i went straight out to look at prams today!

Love the look of the icandy peach so far!

Does anyone know if a buggy board can be fitted on to it incase we have another baby in the next 2-3years? i'm just wondering how practical it is. 

I tend to always go for 'the in thing' which the icandy peach seems to be....but is it the best???? thoughts please!x 

• I have the iCandy peach and love it! DD is 15months and we have had no problems. It is heavy when lifting in and out of the car however I like this as makes me feel confident it is a sturdy pram. We purchased the carrycot too which although expensive I really wanted it for her to use as a newborn.

As for a buggy board, iCandy don't actually have one or support the use of one. I think it makes your guarantee invalid too, we are going to be looking to get one next year though as our guarantee will have ran out then anyway. We are also looking to get the converter kit to make it into a double.

Sorry for the long and probably biased reply x x
  • MrsHappy - go on the Which website and read up on reviews and best buys. It really is worth it. Prams are a lot of money and you need to make sure it's something you absolutely love and practical for you - you don't want to be changing it a few months after your baby arrives. When my dd was a baby I had gone through about 4 before she was 2! Not good and will no way be doing it this time. xx
  • Sorry ladies g/c from dif image

Mumsy2011 - have the peach and my lo will be 2 when new baby arrives. I had no idea it wouldn't fit a buggy board. I never look at anything until after 20 weeks! It there a special board I need??!!

• Hi Choc11, I was just going to try out some different boards to see which one fits, I am sure one will. I couldn't believe there was no buggy board, I just assumed there would be x
  • Mumsy2011 - Let me know if you find one!
  • Wildthingv8, the Oyster is a great choice!  I got one when ds was about 6 months so we only have seat and blue colour pack... but I really want to get the carrycot (thinking purple or lime green), with the buggy board for ds who will be 23 months when this one arrives.  We used the Oyster frame with the Maxicosi car seat when we took ds to Germany when he was 7 months - worked really well as it meant we had a car seat for car travel and a buggy for walks, without having too much to carry.  2 of my friends have iCandy and they love them (would definitely be looking at them if this was my first and I had the cash to spend!).  I love talking about pushchairs.  Anyone else find themselves checking them out while out shopping?  (Maybe its just me...LOL).  xx