Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Countdown to scan - really worried :-(

Apologies in advance, this is a bit of a downer post. image

Got my 12 week scan next wed, and i'm suddenly really worried something is wrong. A few days ago I had 2 nights in a row where i dreamt i was bleeding and lost the baby, and since then i've not been able to stop worrying. I'm kind of feeling that it's all too good to be true, we've got our perfect little Ryan, and got pregnant again just as we started trying, and i've been so excited about it up until now.

Then today i've had a sharp pain on the lower right side of my abdomen. It could very easily be trapped wind, as i do suffer with ibs, and haven't even been for a number 2 (sorry tmi!) since yesterday, but i'm terrified. Don't want to worry hubby as i know he's worried enough, his sister suffered a mmc with her first pregnancy, so he can't let himself accept it properly until the scan.

Trying to talk myself out of the worry as i'm still having symptoms - exhausted, very nauseous constantly and throwing up, and having lots of 'normal' discharge (tmi again sorry) which is all the same as with Ryan, but i don't know how i'm going to make it through the week without a breakdown! I was never this worried with Ryan, i don't know what's wrong with me.

Next wed can't come quick enough, i just need to see that heartbeat.

Replies

• *hugs* I was quite worried before my scan too, thinking something bad was going to happen, I think its normal. Easier said than done but try not to worry, maybe give yourself a bit of time today to have a bath to calm you. Sorry I can't be more help but hopefully talking about it on here will help you image x
  • Sorry you feeling so anxious I know that feeling to well.I don't go for number 2 that often and get bowel cramps so I bet it is that.I was very anxious but I took control over it with positive affirmations and mind movies on you tube .not fOr everyone but really worked for me.I even wrote in my diary before I went for scan and it all came true.I m starting to Believe if you think positive it really helps .hard to control but worth the hardworking . I would say things like:

My baby is happy and healthy

My baby has the perfect heart beat

I am all my baby needs

I al calm and relaxed

I love being pregnant etc etc

There is couple of mind movies on you tube of you interested.some are bit naff but some I watch every couple of days. Hope you find a way to let the worries wash over you and focus on your lovely healthy baby
  • Try to relax, preganacy does something to your hormaones, ans that can have an affect on your dreams, I've not been too bad with this pregnancy but with DD1 I had some hofific nightmares, it doesn't mean anything, other than maybe it's what you are worrying about. xx

• Huge hugs try and relax I have also had some bad dreams hormones can do really funny things to your dreams and moods and it doesn't mean anything. I'm sure everything will be ok thinking of you x
  • Thanks for your messages, getting a bit teary reading them, clearly very hormonal right now!

Trying to be positive though. Feeling rubbish today. Didn't sleep much as couldn't get comfy, just been sick and have a banging headache. Need to get out for some air but me and Ryan are still in our pjs at the moment!

xxx
  • Cant add any more to the advice already, just wanted to send some more hugs x

• Aw hope wednesday comes around quickly for you. I had the same dreams a few weeks ago but didn't tell anyone as I didn't want it to be true. Was so nervous before my scan but everything was great. I still have moments were I think something is wrong. I worry now because I don't feel ill anymore just tired & backache so I don't really feel pregnant.

Just try to relax as much as you can. I think we have all been driving ourselves crazy these last few months.

Good luck for Wednesday. xx

• I know where you're coming from! I sometimes think that I don't deserve to be so lucky and happy and I have a bit of an emotional meltdown. I then spend a while doing lots of positive thinking and have a snuggle with the OH who is so patient and supportive.
  • I think most pregnant women have exactly the same anxieties.

By the time my 12 week scan had come I'd convinced myself something had gone wrong, then the same again before my heart beat listening and know I'm worrying about my 20 week scan which is next week. I think its just our roles as mothers .. (to worry)

I wish you all the luck and I'm sure everything will be fine, but please let us know how things go x

• ..oh also I meant to mention I've been having reflexology since being in my second trimester and have found it helps wonders with relaxing .. might be something you'd like to try ( i appreciate its not for everyone) x

• It's a natural feeling and I'm sure most of us have felt the same way you do. I can't really add to the advice, all I can say is that I hope the time passes quickly for you xx
  • Thanks again for all your lovely posts. Just back from scan and all ok. Very relieved and happy. image

• That's good glad to hear it!x
  • Glad to hear that everything went okay today! image x