Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Raspberry leaf

Anyone gona try raspberry leaf tea or tabs? I took both with last 2 and will take again, i think it really did help the 2nd stage of labour move quicker x

Replies

• Yeah will be taking them again, cant say as whether it helped my 2nd stage with ds as he got stuch and wasnt in the optimal position for delivery so ended up with assisted but Im willing to give anything a try for an easier pushing stage this time!

• Me 2, took tabs and tea first time round and will def be taking again, from when my waters broke I was only 3 hours in labour, midwife said I would've be quicker if I hadn't had such good muscles x
  • I used RLT with my DD1 & had an amazing labour, i slept right through from 0-3cm without knowing i was in labour... 3-10cm was 3 hours & pushed for 42mins... So overall was 3hr 42min image will most definitely be using it again. Also been told this labour will probably be about half the time as 1st! So nice & quick hopefully! X
  • I did and I will again.  I don't know if it helped or not but it certainely didn't hurt, I was pushing for about 90 minutes which I am told for a first is quiet good.  x

• will proberly be taking them, only took then with last one and not sure if they made a difference but my daughter was born looking up (back to back not side) so think it may have helped in respect to actually being able to push her out.