Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013

How's everyone doing? What's everyone bought?

Hi ladies, just wondering how everyone is & what stage people are at with purchases? I'm doing fine but not really enjoying being pregnant if I'm honest, it's dragging in! Feel well enough, just not enjoying my changing shape! Lol! So far I've bought- pram (I candy peach2 in black); nursery furniture (baby style baurdoux- excuse my spelling); an electric breast pump (gina's book said get one so I did!); and lastly, a packet of new born asda nappies (angel-something or other!)! Feeling organised! Got a notebook full if lists of things to get! Thanks to gina fords book, lol! I have my 22week midwife appoint on Thursday- can anyone tell me what happens at this one? When do they start measuring your stomach? It's so much quieter here now which is a pity, this used to be a really busy forum. I guess most are off to facebook which is fair enough! Anyways, hope everyone is well!x

Replies

• Well..im only 6 weeks gone and i bought a blue babygro..lol,..as im convinced im having a boy..and acheap nursing chair and stool from ebay..that's me done until im at least 3 months prggers x

• Hey

I'd not been enjoying pregnancy very much - I really don't like feeling sick! Now I just feel tired all the time and I'm not enjoying getting bigger either (mostly because I felt like I should be 2 stone lighter before getting pregnant anyway!).

You're very organised image So far we've got a pram (Quinny Moodd, currently in the shop until in-laws have paid for it (thank you in-laws!) and we collect in Feb), a cot, mattress, cot furniture, moses basket and stand, 2 chest of drawers, lampshade, baby bath, curtains, a sterilising set with bottles for later or if BF doesn't work out (my best bargain so far!) and baby clothes.  We've also started to buy nappies and baby toiletries so we have a nice stock of them by the time baby arrives image

Feel like I've got so much more to buy though! I've got a mothercare list and just checking off through that based on what I think is a necessity!

Sorry I can't help with the 22 week appt, I've got my scan on Tuesday and I've been told to book an appt with my GP for 24/25 weeks and then I've got another MW appt at 27 weeks for bloods again (supposed to be 28 wks but that's Xmas day haha).

I don't know where everyone has gone - it's busy on FB but I didn't think everyone had moved across!! x

• I'm really missing buying stuff image. We have everything we need though so suppose i should be happy but its so exciting buying new baby stuff xx
  • I've haven't bought anything yet I sold my pram so going to get a double ordered in the next few weeks, we don't need much really. I need to go through the baby clothes and see what's missing makes it easy having 2 girls in a row all Eva's stuff is like new image
  • Hello, I'm enjoying this trimester much more than the second one apart from falling over all of the time. My poor knees are in pieces. I'm banned from walking anywhere unattended, which means that .i can get the other half to carry stuff for me so not that bothered really! I love my bump and keep catching myself stroking it and smiling. We've got a nice stash of reusable nappies, changing bag, a pram ( can't remember which on but it is a britax travel system), got a car seat, cot, moses basket, crib and all the bedding ordered with mothercare. A load of bedding and neutral bedroom bits and pieces (lampshade, curtains, pictures) and some clothes. Huge pile of wool and knitting patterns for when we find out what flavour. Um, bath and bouncy chair to be handed over soon from friends. A load of toys. Going to be getting an electronic breast pump after Christmas along with bottles. I just like to pick up a few bits and pieces each month! I guess that as this is our first and possibly only Baby, we're rather excited! x
  • Urgh, it won't let me edit properly.

I meant that I'm preferring the second trimester. I picked up 5 pregnancy and baby books for a tenner second hand last weekend and have been reading them very happily. image
  • Hey! We've bought our pushchair and car seat (Britax B-Smart & Babysafe), a really soft blanket, some vests, babygros and bibs and a couple of toys. Getting a crib and moses basket off my sister which she used with her youngest. Probably get some nappies next as planning on giving re-usables a fair crack.

Still feels like we have tonnes to get and we're currently having a good clear out so we can decorate the baby's room. image
  • We've had to do a big clear out of baby's room and our other spare room.  We've only just got the house back to normal lol. 

• I have most of the stuff from last time round so all I have bought at the moment is a bouncer chair as I borrowed it last time round.  We need some more unisex clothes as I didn't realise quite how much I borrowed until I went in the attic at the weekend and found 3 baby grows and 6 vests lol!  22 week mw appointment, if I remember rightly they do hb, check your tummy bp, urine dip x

• I'm feeling much better now, and can start enjoying this pregnancy! Finally stopped being sick a couple of weeks ago. Was having dizzy spells but they stopped the day after i had a docs appointment about it! Had bloods done anyway though so will see if anything comes back from that.

Baby is now kicking like mad, which is lovely, and i've become convinced it's a girl, but still got 1.5 weeks to wait til my 20 week scan when we will hopefully find out!

Haven't bought a thing yet. There's not an awful lot we need as Ryan is only a baby still. On my list is just boring stuff - another cotbed and mattress, a double pushchair, baby monitor, new muslins and dribble bibs. Then a nice new comforter and some clothes once we know the sex. Though if it's a boy we have plenty in the loft to sort through!

xxx

• I've now bought an angel sounds baby monitor- the one with the mat. Also, a gender predicter kit from amazon (for a laugh!), not expecting it to be 100%, more like 50% lol! But it'll be fun all the same!image

Baby wriggling like mad, it feels like its using my bladder as a bouncing castle!!x
  • We've got the angel sounds. Still using it now at 14 months. Paranoid parents but great for peace of mind, especially when he is ill like at the moment. It does do the odd false alarm though if he moves to the bottom of the cot which is not nice! That's only been past few months though and otherwise can't fault it.

xxx