Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cramping...

I'm 23+1 with DD2 & been having cramping on & off since yesterday, i've had about 6 braxton hicks today & back ache... Is this normal? I seen my MW yesterday & found out i have GBS which has scared me. I've already been very anxious this pregnancy so far & this is making me worse & more paranoid! Emma & 23+1 Lil??h Bump xx

Replies

• Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear about your gbs and stress.

I had what I thought were cramps but where more stretching pains. Since Bean was moving she was throwing off my centre of gravity and giving me backache and sore hips. Speak to your mv again, I'm sure that she'll have some reassuring leaflets for you.

I hope that you have a relaxing Sunday.

• Hey Emma, sorry to hear ur so stressed and worried, i ha GBS with my little girl and was just put on antibiotic every 2 hours after my waters broke til she was born. Everything was ok with her. I hope this helps reassure you a bit. I like deeders also had horrible cramps and they said it was stretching but i got so worked up they gave me a scan and all was well and helped reasure me. I still get cramps now at 25 weeks but i dont worry now. Defo speak to your midwife again to. x
  • Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear you're suffering.  Backache is normal & often due to your centre of gravity changing with your growing bump (it actually moves forwards but we tend to the do the opposite & place all weight upon our spine).

Braxton Hicks can actually be felt very early on in pregnancy & will grow in regularity/intensity as you enter 3rd trimester & near labour.

Cramping pains akin to period pains can also be felt & can be a mixture of shifting muscles/ligaments with your growing bump along with BH contractions.

Remember you can see your EPU up to 24wks into term & your MW is always there to answer your queries/concerns.  Best wishes.