Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in March 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maternity pay

i just wondering if someone can help me out. when i go on maternity leave and be gettin maternity pay as im on leave. am i still aloud to get a little part time job like a cleaning job just to bring in a little bit of cash and also to keep me sane???? xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi izzys_mommy - there aren't many posts on here as we've got a Facebook group for us mummies to be which we'd love you to join. There are lots of mummies from all over the country & a mixture of 1st, 2nd.. & 5th time mums! I'm sure you can as long as it pays less than a certain amount but i will ask other FB mummies to pop on here if they know the answer. Let me know if you'd like to join our fb group.x
  • Options

Hi Amy

Someone has replied on our FB page about your question.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like you'd be able to get a part time job legally unless you already worked for them before the 15th week of pregnancy.

• Options
    Sorry Amy i copied my reply about FB group from my other reply.x
  • Options

hi could i be added to the facebook group as well please?

• Options
    Hi

of course. If you change your settings to allow private message to be sent to you, I'll send you a link to my facebook page as I need to add you as a friend before I can add you to the private group x