Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

RE BREASTFEEDING/WEANING

Hiya, |,m still breast feeding and my baby is now 6 months old. Hes having 3 meals per day and pushing the breast away so hes now on mainly aptimil follow-on milk and his other meals and only has one breast feed before bed. Does anyone know how long it takes approx for the breast milk to dry up after weaning? thanks

Replies

• I'm also wondering about this - my lo is slowly weaning himself off breastfeeding. I think i'll miss it more than he does.

Sorry I haven't got an answer for you hollie xxx
  • Hiya thanks for your reply. My wee boy is also weaning himself but still likes the odd b/f at night. They,ve started to go down already,yipee. Hope it lasts and they dont become engorged again,horrible!! I checked online and it says could take from 2 weeks to 1 yr for some women....my god that must be hard work. Good luck with your weaning,hope it goes well. Hollie xx
  • hey girls !!
    im still breastfeeding but lo is on 3 meals a day and prob feeds from me about 4 times but she doesnt feed for long at all she really hates the bottle and rarely takes it but she likes juice from a beaker !! just keep trying !! x
  • Hiya, well after my little angel pushing the boobie snack away hes now decided he wants it at nearly every feed!! Its hard but I,ve stuck to the weaning routine and given him bottle milk and his other meals and only b/f at bedtime. Hes more settled today than hes been for a while so hope it lasts....apart from the bouts of teething of course!!! xxx
  • Hello, Hollie,
    I have been considering swapping a breastfeed for a bottle of milk, Does your lo take abottle between solids or during?

Really need help on this one! lol