Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Today I did something I said I'd never do

When I was pregnant, I swore I'd never creep around the house or sitting in silence when my baby napped. I was adament that baby would just have to deal with daily noises so he'd sleep anywhere (obviously a clueless first time Mum!!)

Well today I did! Jaxson hadn't slept a wink since about 8.30 this morning and had cried all the way home from ASDA in the car, eventually, after a huge drink of juice (another thing I said I'd never do!) he fell asleep in his car seat, I managed - somehow - to get him in the house without waking him. I then sat in complete silence on the sofa while he slept!

Unfortunatley, my efforts were in vain, because the bloody ice cream van flew round the street withn his tune blaring!! I could have lamped him!

Just wanted top share!!xx

Replies

• oh honey!!!! I'm the same! What we say when we are pregnant and do when we are not are two totally different things!!!! ha ha....my LO is 4 months and our house is so bl**dy small and noisy I have no choice...exactly like yourself, I also said 'oh I think it's silly when ppl creep around, I do realise there is noise and NOISE but some ppl just take the p**s when they clattering on outside and knocking on the door as if u really won't be able to hear them! Oh and the postman..oh we won't get onto him! ha ha.....On the up-side though hun...I have read that these little ppl need good quality sllep/naps in quiet rooms etc so I think we are right not to have the TV etc blaring away........E is'nt sooo good to have a moan!

Love Louise x
  • Glad I'm not alone!

I had such good intentions when I was pregnant, I was gonna use re-usable nappies (haven't even tried them) I was never putting my car seat on the pram wheels-I was going to assemble the pushchair everywhere I went, that lasted about 2 days?!-I was gonna get up before baby to tidy/get ready for the day, I was goning to use controlled crying if he didn't sleep (can't bear to leave him anymore than 30 seconds) I wasn't gonna feed on demand - determined to have a four hourly routine (didn't even manage one day!) and I was certain that he'd always be tidy/clean and not be stipped down to his baby grow when we're at home (it's now the first thing I do when I get into ANYONES house!!)

Everyone I told said, 'yeah, we'll see how long that lasts' they were sooo right!!xx