Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused!

Is it just me or are there any other mummies out there that feel like their lo is doing the complete opposite of what all the books/experts/other mums say they should be doing? My lo is 6 wkd and is still feeding constantly with no visable pattern, sleeps irratically, won't get herself off to sleep, poops the 'wrong' colour, gaining weight slowly but gaining length rather quickly among other things. My HV is happy with her tho and says she's doing fine and there's nothing to worry about, but I can't help worrying when she seems so different to the 'norm'. I would like her to get into a routine, which I have been trying but it's just not happening! Anyone else got the same issues / worries??!
Zxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey !!
    i really wouldnt worry about the 'norm' all babies r so different. My Lo is 6 weeks too ... shes 12lb 120z today ....and isnt really in a pattern .. some days she sleeps all day some days she awake ... so random.... she feeds about every 2 or 3 hours ..however might change if she sleepin for a while....

in the nights she goes so bed about 9ish ... then sometimes wakes at 11ish .... 1ish , 4ish , 7ish for feeds............my Lo doesnt put her self to sleep either .. she always falls asleep latched on or when im cuddling her ... think its a breastfeeding thing maybe.... i really wouldnt compare to other mum etc ..my friends lo is a week older than mine and she completely diff... she wakes once in the night and sleeps til 10am !!! so very diff...and shes much smaller than mine......

i dont think u can get routines especially breastfeed....

all i started to do is bath(or top and tail) about 8pm ...then pjammas ...then feed then nurse her til she falls asleep then put her in her moses basket til me n hubby go up to bed

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hey thanks for responding. Nice to know that there are other babies out there that are sort of going with the flow as it were. I've gotta stop worrying about stuff as I'm ending up not enjoying my lo as much as I should be. She is pretty good really, doesn't seem to cry very much - well she does but she's easy to comfort as 99.9% of the time she wants to bf! That's something I would like to see settle at some point-she is constantly at it!
  • Options
    ha ha thats exsactly like mine ... if she crys give her a cuddle and shes fine or latch her on and she falls asleep !

im findin now my Lo she doesnt feed for as long now .. like before im sure it was like 45 mins to an hour ... but now i think its more like 20-30mins

im hoping she drops some feeds in the night time i cant remember the last time i had longer than 3 hours sleep in one go ...its crAzy

stop worrying chic and enjoy ur lil one cause the ways its going wayyyyy to fast already