Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09

how dead is this forum

title says it all really i miss all the girly chatting baby is full of trolls which is a shame cus it used to be a lovely forum ow are all the lovely may ladies and babies
claire and lola-mae 16 weeks
xx

Replies

• Hi Claire,

I know what you mean! I only ever really look at the baby and bottlefeeding forums but it'd be great if we could get this going again like in the 'expecting May 09' days. It was always such a cheery and comforting place knowing folk were going through the same stuff you were!

Myself and Wilfie are doing really well. I can't believe how much he's grown and changed already in just over 3 months!

Hope you're all keeping well,
    Clare x
  • Hiya quite agree, all this troll stuff is beyond me. Really loved talking to you all whilst I was pregnant and you were all so supportive when Jamie was in Neonatal. Fingers crossed it gets back to normal soonxxx
  • Hi, I'm so glad you posted this as I had almost given up on the May forum! Hopefully we can give it a new lease of life! Joseph is growing so fast now and has just started laughing which just makes my day! (mainly laughs for Daddy though, not me!) I'm doing 3 keeping in touch days at work starting tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to at all and start back for real in November, which is all too soon. What is everyone doing with their lo's? We have just started going swimming (for 5 mins at a time! lol) and baby massage which is great. We also do 'bounce and rhyme' time at the library which Joseph loves! xx
  • yer wer back so glad u also posted this cant wait for all the chatting to start again xxxx
  • come and join us in the june forum! i was due in june but had thomas in may and it's nice and busy in there image i don't go over to baby either! xx
  • Hi girls

I hardly look at this forum anymore as no-1 ever posts. Logan is getting so big now and his is roling laughing and pulling himself up when lying down.

I hope we can keep the chat going
  • Yeah it is really dead in this forum usually. Don't understand all that's gone on in Baby - it's usually such a nice place, the bitchiness is just beyond me.. Anyway...

JJ is 15 weeks now and coming on in leaps and bounds. He seems to grow by the day. He coos and laughs, which just melts my heart. He likes to watch his sister alot and she loves him, it's so nice to see them together. He usually is down by 8:30pm and sleeps through until 6:30am. He's done this since about 7 weeks. Alex was so terrible with sleep when she was JJ's age so I am really happy about that.

It'd be nice to try chatting more again x
  • Yeah it is really dead in this forum usually. Don't understand all that's gone on in Baby - it's usually such a nice place, the bitchiness is just beyond me.. Anyway...

JJ is 15 weeks now and coming on in leaps and bounds. He seems to grow by the day. He coos and laughs, which just melts my heart. He likes to watch his sister alot and she loves him, it's so nice to see them together. He usually is down by 8:30pm and sleeps through until 6:30am. He's done this since about 7 weeks. Alex was so terrible with sleep when she was JJ's age so I am really happy about that.

It'd be nice to try chatting more again x
  • I'm the opposite gemsie my daughter was a really happy easy baby but Jamie is a bit of a nightmare. Laughing one minute and then screaming for the other 23 hours and 59 mins hahaha. It is lovely to see them together though Bethany is fantastic with him, its hard work with the close age gap but think because she stills young they're is no jealousy there.
    Great chatting to all of you again lets hope we can keep it upxx
  • Hey, i usually go and play in the april forum because theres no one here so it would be nice to get may going again. Ciara was born on may 5th and iscoming along nicely. Im back at work already...and it pulls my heart out leaving her in the morning...but i survived my first week at work so hopefully it will work out okay.
  • Hi everyone! So glad people have started posting again, had missed chatting to you all!

Oliver is 15 weeks now, and doing so well! He's just started pushing up on his front and has worked out how to pick things up and move them to his face, so everything is going in his mouth! He's also really chatty, but has started screaming blue murder when ever he's hungry or wants something which is a nightmare when we're out shopping etc. Also he's still not sleeping through the night which is exhausting, still waking up every 2 hours or so to feed, but the HV doesn't seem too bothered about it.

We've moved area as well, back to my family in p'boro, so that hubby can start a new job with my mum ( you probably don't remember but he was made redundant just before i was due, and had been working crappy agency jobs just to tide us over) We're still waiting for his CRB to come through before he can start work which is a pain, but it'll be worth it once he starts as it means i may not have to go back to work, or will only have to work part time image The only down side is that i've gone from having a brilliant HV, to one who barely even glanced at my baby and couldn't wait to get out of the door, and was no help at all!

Keep the posts coming ladies, lets get our May forum back image
  • hi ladies sorry its taken so long for me to get back on ive been working 50 hours last week and even more this week running my brothers barber shop cant wait till he gets back next tuesday so can have my life back but must admit the money im being paid is so useful before xmas. glad everyone is well lets get this forum well and truly chatting
    xxx
  • oh my word, claire, 50 hours - how do you find the energy???? I did 3 days as keeping in touch days and that was enough! lol Going back in nov though so not long. image
    Smiling fairie, my lo has just perfected screaming blue murder whenever he wants something too - it's so embarrassing! I'm sure people think I'm a terrible mother! He did it today at the garden centre for about 5 mins until I got his bottle ready (bearing in mind it had only been 2 and a half hours since his last one!) He is mr impatient all of a sudden! x
  • hi im from the born in june forum and so pleased to see some new posts in here. when i was pregnant i used to pop into may all the time. sort of seeing what was happening one month ahead of me :\) and have been popping in here to see what babies are doing a month ahead of mine and there is no one here, or no one posting. so love reading posts about baby development,weaning and all the things that have still to come to us in june :\) so keep posting ladies ;\)