Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello!

Hello May Mums!

They took their time putting this forum up!

I had my little boy on 10th May, 13 days late and 8lbs 8oz. I was induced 8th and had emergency section 10th (which then got infected and I'm still having a horrible time recovering - he's worth it though)

I lurked in the Due in April forum but plan to post a lot more in this one!

Looking forward to chatting! image

Claire, xx

Replies

• Hi - I'm from the due in April forum - we were induced on the same day - and it ended in an emergency c sec on the same day as well! I was 14 days late!

Judith x
  • Hi McGillair, was just wondering how your c section wound is healing? (you kindly replied to my post in the c section forum). Luckily mine has fully healed up now with no more signs of infection. Phew! I really hope yours us getting better.
    Mx
  • Aww, thats very kind of you to ask.

It's still getting packed everyday by the community nurse, she says it's still about 3cm long and 3 cm deep on the right hand side, but the left side has healed. I mentioned to her the pain was coming back again and I was struggling a bit to get out of bed - although nothing like what it was - and she said it was the nerve endings growing back and the wound 'knitting together'

So I am healing and the baby blues are passing now that I can get out and about (figured I could get the pram up the stairs without Jaxson in it and put him in once at the top!)

How's you're little one? and how's your scar? I'm tempted to look at the wound, but I'm a bit squemish!xx
  • Ah glad to hear things are on the mend. Funnily enough I've suddenly been getting pains again but they're quite high up near my belly button. MW said the same-nerves knitting together. Still all good signs that both of us are healing up nicely!
    My lo is doing well thanks - she's definitely more settled now that I'm more relaxed about things. My scar is looking much better than it did! I know how you feel - to be honest with you I wouldn't look at it as it's quite distressing. Unfortunately I had to look at mine when it was infected cos I was given some dressings and had to change them myself. Made me cry every time I had to look at it image Probably looked worse than it was but still I'd avoid it if you can! Ignorance is bliss sometimes!
    Anyway glad to know both you and Jaxson (love his name btw!) are doing well. Take care image xxx

[Modified by: mathilda959 on June 07, 2009 11:56 PM]

[Modified by: mathilda959 on June 07, 2009 11:58 PM]

• Yeah, think I'll give it a miss, the nurse said, even though she keeps commenting on how well it's looking, that I shouldn't look at it.

I've go it into my head it's like something out of ER! Ahh well, it's healing.

Think I'll try to avoid a section next time!!xx
  • Ohh, that post gave me 'regular' rank status! Yeah! Took 6 months....!!