Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Swimming

I know it is a bit early for it but was wondering if you have thought about swimming? I am quite new to all this, but I would really start baby swimming at some point. (it is so much easier if children are used to water and not afraid for the water) But any of you have an idea what a good course is? Of who gives a good course for not to much money? (ofcourse I can go into the pool myself with Michael, but would like some support for the first couple times at least) When are you planning on going to swim with your lo for the first time?

Replies

• my health visitor said that they can go after first set of injections, so we'll take ours then! we're just gonna go me and my hubby! x
  • my health visitor said that they can go after first set of injections, so we'll take ours then! we're just gonna go me and my hubby! x

They are allowed before already. The bacterien in the water are killed by the chloride. But they recommand for the mums to wait 6 weeks. This is what my hv has told me, also the baby to five book and some other information books. I still find it a bit daunting to go now. He is so wiggly and such and am afraid he will slip through and such. image