Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

follow on milk

Hellooo

Me again !!!!
I was just wondering if any of u have moved you babbas on to follow-on milk yet.
My d/d1 hated it and was sick after every feed while she was on follow-on milk so she went on to cows milk at 7months .
So am a bit confussed on what to do shes on cow and gate comfort at the min and that say it can be used from birth to 12months .
so what what to do !

zoe
xxxx

Replies

• Hi Fizz
    I started Theo on follow on and he's taken to it with no problems. I don't think it's necessary though and if your lo is having trouble with milk (I take it if she's on the comfort milk that she's had some digestive issues?) then it might be better to stick with that. My hv said you can stick with your first milk if you prefer, the follow on milk just has slightly higher levels of iron which is something that babies natural supply of starts to diminish after 6 months but your lo will be perfectly healthy staying on the comfort milk.
    hth xxx
  • Hi Fizz.

I agree with Moomin. I put my LO onto follow on milk and luckily he took to it fine. Howevere when I asked my HV if it was neccessary that I put him on it she advised me not to bother as it was the manufacturers way of getting you to spend more money. If your not having any probs on the comfort milk then I would stay with it.

TC x
  • I've heard a few people say that about follow on milk - that its the manufacturers way to make you spend more money, but I don't understand why - afterall it costs the same as the first milk and you'd have bought that anyway!
  • lola-mae is on follow on milk now and it has stirred up her reflux again so shes back on the gaviscon (the staydown milk was a pain in the bum it kept blocking the teets).I think you can get comfort follow on so if thats the only worry then you should be fine. I was going to ask that too moomin my follow on milk sma progress is cheaper at ??6.95 than my milk the sma staydown which is ??8.95 so its better for me.
    xx
  • hi i dont know if to start maddison on follow on, i use cow and gate but for the past 2 months shes been right off her milk i struggle to get 4oz down her so i started her on solids at 4 months she now has 3 meals a day but still doesn't take much milk so dont want to change her milk and risk her taken even less ! are follow ons the same taste more or less ? dont know if it would benefit her or not really x
  • pregono2 lola-mae has gone from 14 oz a day on sma staydown to 24-32 oz on sma progress so the change did us good. Dont know if they taste different they just have extra iron so you dont have to change if you dont want to
    claire x