Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A new May Mummy!

Hello May Mummies!

I'm so happy to have found you! This was just the sort of forum I was looking for - where I could chat to mums with babies the same age as my little bundle of joy.

Quinn was born 7 May, weighing 7 13 and is 4 weeks today and a little cutie.

He's our first so this is a HUGE learning curve for us! I'd never changed a nappy until i was in hospital!

He's on formula (managed 10 days BF but was slowly losing the plot and veering twds PND I think..), going every 3hours and taking around 4oz each feed.

Not too windy, but getting milk 'trapped' in the back of his throat and it causes him problems on a night and he can be hard to settle after his night feeds - any advice much appreciated,

Just really trying to start a night time routine now - more for us than him! But he's a bit of a night owl and wakes up at 6pm after being a lazy sleepy head during the day and then bed seems to be the last thing on his mind.

Really pleased to have found you and hope you get to know you!!
Michelle

Replies

• Hi - Congrats! Dex was my first to born 3 days after yours on 10th May He weighed 9lb 1 then and is now 11lb 7 so is quite a chunk!
    x I'm just going to start trying a routine next week! so I shall see how it goes!
  • Michael was born on the first of may, after being induced because my waters went on the 25th of april. (stayed in hospital all the time) He weight 7 lb 1, which was a surprise for everyone. (he was 6 weeks early, so quite a heavy chap) Today at 5 weeks he was 8lb15.

Michael is sometimes difficult to settle (he has a bit of difficulties with pooing imageimage I bought a sling for walking outside, but it is a very good way of getting him to settle. I put him in there and start to walk or do anything I was doing (like hanging the washing up, hoovering) Withing minutes he is asleep and I can take him out and put him in his moses basket. We have it ready for if we can not settle him at night, but till now I only used it during the day.

• Breighlin - do you breast feed?

Im expressing but Dex had probs pooing - he is now going for england - I really increased my fruit intake and gave him an oz of cooled boiled water with literally 2 grains of sugar in.

He never really drank the water just had the smallest of sips...

I started them at the same time so not sure which has worked!
  • Breighlin - do you breast feed?

Im expressing but Dex had probs pooing - he is now going for england - I really increased my fruit intake and gave him an oz of cooled boiled water with literally 2 grains of sugar in.

He never really drank the water just had the smallest of sips...

I started them at the same time so not sure which has worked!
    x

Yes I breastfeed. I have increased fruit intake this time, which does not seem to help yet. (but only two days) I am gonna try the water.

A week ago we had the same problem, but we thought it might have been my iron supplement I had to take, so at the end of the strip he stopped crying as much. But now the problem is back. And I feel so sorry for him. (and for us, he kept us both awake for two hours at night image )
  • I am still on my iron supplement ( I hate pooing on those tablets!) had 4 weeks worth of the tablets! - I considered it was stopping him going as much as me!

A whole box of grapes the first day! and he poo'd all over his aunt..... very good timing!
  • With Michael it seems to vary from day to day. But it is not only poo I think, also his farts. And believe me, he can be loud and smelly. But he cries and farts on and off for about 2 hours and than he can finally poo it all out. I eat lots of strawberies and melons atm, went off grapes in my third trimester when pregnant. (they made me feel sick, have not touched them since) I hope it helps a bit.

I had two weeks of iron supplement, but only started it a week after birth. Forgot I got them and left them at home when we went back in. I am glad I am off them, it was terrible.
  • I am still on my iron supplement ( I hate pooing on those tablets!) had 4 weeks worth of the tablets! - I considered it was stopping him going as much as me!

A whole box of grapes the first day! and he poo'd all over his aunt..... very good timing!

Michael has still problems. Last couple days he has has difficulties with it, but now he has not poo'd for 30 hours. If he has not done anything before tomorrow morning I am gonna phone the hv. It is hard to see Michael struggle so much. I have increased my fruit with lots of stuff, but clearly it is not enough yet. image

How long did it take between taking the grapes and fruit and him having a poo?
  • Hehe just Reading your posts, I never realized how much a baby could fart! Yday my ok farted on her sleep and I swear it went on for about 20 seconds! She's bf too. image
  • Never thought I would be so happy with saying this, but Michael had a poo earlier. image So now hopefully he can go more frequently again with less pain. Oh and he is actually enjoying the water and drinking it nicely, even without any sugar in it. (strange little boy)
  • glad hes poo'd it was with 24 hrs for us x hope he keeps going!
  • i've just put this as my facebook status

'poo poo poo poo poo - how obssessed with baby poo am i?

I had an up the back poo today - was lovely!!