Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jabs, how are the lo coping?

I am so proud of my little man. Yesterday he had his 6-8 week check up and was completely quiet during it all. He let the doctor do the things she needed to do without a sound. And today he had his first lot of jabs and he only cried for about 10 seconds on each side. After that he went to sleep and stayed asleep for about 2 hours. After that he was kinda upset en kept crying so eventually I gave him some calpol and he has been asleep since again. (calpol states not to give to babies born premature, so didn't really want to give it)

He made me so proud, now waiting for another month and than it happens all again. Hopefully he will be as good than as he was now.

Replies

• Hi

glad your wee man took it in his stride! Milla had her first jabs today as well and was really good too, she cried for a wee bit but then calmed down and had a cuddle and a feed and then slept a while. she woke up for another feed a couple of hours ago, and was a bit grizzly, but now she's fallen asleep on me so i'm going to let her sleep here getting a cuddle for a while! my mum would tell me off for letting the baby sleep on me but i don't care :lol:

but am glad that's the jabs over for a month... it was a bit upsetting.

aileen xx

• Dex hasn't had his yet.... glad to hear no one sounds to traumatised!
  • im dreading taking ciara for hers next week. she's already had to have a blood test which was awful..it was heartbreaking..daddy is coming too for the jabs so will have a bit more support, lol, im such a wuss
  • Michael had so many bloodtest etc for him it is almost normal to be stabbed with a needle. (he was a bit early) I am quite used to it now to see him like that. The only time I walked away and could not face it (dad was still there) was when it took a doctor over half an hour of trying to get the right amount of blood out.
  • Theo had his yesterday (even though hes already 9.5 weeks old!) but he was ok. He cried a bit at first but soon was smiling again. He was a bit grizzly last night in the evening but since then he's been fine. He's just been VERY sleepy today.

Unfortunatley I have heard that the next lot are usually worse and make them feel quite rotten so we should prepare ourselves for a less happy baby! image
  • great, I have to bring lo to get his jabs on the 29th and later on bring husbad to hospital for an op and pick him up later that day and baby sit him. :P not nice with a grumpy baby as well image
  • hello,

Ella had her first jabs today. Thankfully my OH was there too and he held her. She screamed and went a lovely shade of purple but she was fine seconds later. She seems to be fine since so hopefully she won't be unsettled tonight. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just don't like seeing her in pain, even though I know its for her own good image

Shons
    xx
  • Oh no.... just read what Moomin has said.....my lo is due his 2nd lot on Tues :cry:

He was fine after the first ones, in fact it was me that was worse!! I hope that Tuesday isnt too bad as I feel so guilty about taking him (even though i know its for his own good).