Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

we want another are we nuts!

yep you read it right, ciara is 12 weeks and last night we had the discussion as to having another baby! oh wants a big family and i definitly want more, but i made him thhink practically! see i take the school holidays into consideration-im a teacher, and with ciara i am getting full pay throughout the summer insstead of maternity pay which is pants. and will start back in september. so even though we didnt plan it that way it worked out well....anyway we are going to 'aim for' havin number 2 between jan-may 2011. i know you cant plan when u get pregnant and if we arent successful we'll just keep trying regardless..i think we were very lucky with ciara and we fell pg after a month...my first poas experience was a positive! i still cant believe it. very lucky. is anyone else thinking of ttc soon,or am i the only crazy one

Replies

• Me and hubby were talking about this yesterday. Initially i was adament that we weren't going to have another. but as the weeks have gone by, and i've enjoyed having son, i've been thinking about having another one. We decided that we're going to wait until Oliver is 1 and a half, so theres about a 2 year difference between them (hopefully!) I think i'd quite happily start trying for another one now, but realistically, i probably couldn't handle 2 babies right now.
  • I started trying for JJ when Alex was 8 weeks old! It took 3 cycles before I got a BFP - but lost that one at 5 weeks. Fell again the next month and then hey ho JJ was born 9 months later! There's 14 months between them. Hard work but I love them both to bits.
  • i totally loved the feeling of being pregnant and think i was lucky because i had a great pregnancy, right until being in labour and they found that she was breech, but even then, with an emergancy section, the whole birth was wonderful, and ciara is such a good baby-but as smiling-fairy said, i dont think i could manage 2 babies right now......and i have a funny feeling the next one will be 'difficult' to make up for ciara being so good--slept through from 2 weeks (11ish till 6-7ish)
  • I would really like another, and i would try now but im going to make most of baby ive got at the min image i think i'll start trying again in July which is when i started trying for Laila last year, don't want too much of \an age gap between laila and my next xxxx
  • Would like to have another when our ds is 2 so will also start trying in about a years time. I would like them to be close in age and would like 3 all together and as im in my 30's dont have that much time to wait!