Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09

How do you spend your days?

The subject says it all really.

I often feel like i don't do enough with Oliver during the day even though i spend most of my time entertaining him when he's awake. I tend to stay in the house most of the day as i don't have any friends around here. It's a pain not knowing anyone and not driving as it makes it difficult to go anywhere. I have got to the point where i amf feeling so apathetic, i have to force myself to leave the house.

How do you ladies keep yourselves and your lo's occupied?

Replies

• Hiya Smiling_fairie !!
    wednesdays we go to waterbabies
    fridays i take Morgan to our local pool for a swim
    sundays i play netball so my mum has Morgan
    we take my springer spaniel out up the park (its got lakes and fields and waterfalls its lush) everyday for an hour or so .. or sometimes we go down the beach.
    wen we are at home Morgan loves her door bouncer so shes in that a few times while i give the house a quick clean.
    shes got a play gym but she rather be sat up so she plays in this for about 10 mins....
    Morgan hardly sleeps anymore in the day so i just try and keep her entertained lol sometimes have silly moments where i sing and dance while she laughs at me!!!
    or we go for a walk in to town... i normally visit my mates with Morgan on the weekend as they work all week..

My hubby works 7 days at the moment so i do get bored sometimes gets a little lonely ... but i do Love being a mum..
  • We try to get out and about most days, although the days I love and PJ days when the two of us nap on the sofa all day ignoring the housework/phone/outside world, unfortunatley these days are rare as Jax's a typical boy who wants to play rather than have a cuddle with me image

Monday we have a pram walk, Tuesday we have 'Lunch Club' (free sandwiches and fruit) Wednesday we have baby club that I go to with StepSister and her DS, we usually head into town after to Debenhams for lunch - such good baby facilities, Thursday my Mum stays with us - she is a godsend on this day, she irons and looks after Jax while I clean and do the food shop, she normally doesn't leave until late Friday afternoon, so once she goes we'll stay in or have a walk to the park. I do find it difficult to entertain Jax if we have a full day in (even more so if it's two days!) Getting out and about helps keep me sane!xx