Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ava slept for nine hours?!

Hi All

Ava fed at 6.15 last night and then went to bed.... at 3.30am I realised that she hasn't woken to feed so we changed her nappy to wke her and then she fed.... is it ok for them to go so long between feeds?! She is only 7 weeks!!

Mel x

Replies

• I would say it was wonderous!

In my sleep system book it says up to 10 hours at that age x
  • i'm sure she would of woke up if she was hungry thats what my midwife said when maddi went 7 hours through the night at only 2 weeks ! but then the next night she was up about 3 times lol so make the most of it when she goes for longer periods i'm trying to get into a routine at the moment even though she still feeds every 3 hours during the day she does go longer in the night its just nice to have a bit more sleep now image
  • Well done Ava. She is starting to get into her routine. Dont wake her for feeds or nappy changes, she will wake up herself. Maybe try to put her bottle back a little if you can to about 7ish and she might sleep later.

My DS was 4 months before he slept through so make the most of it when you can.
  • JJ has been sleeping through from about 5 weeks. He has his last bedtime bottle, nappy change, cuddle about 10pm and then sleeps through till about 6am. Definitely don't wake them when they're sleeping, they will wake when they're hungry.