Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding TMI

Sorry if TMI

I had my baby 7 week go today. I stopped bleeding around 3 weeks ago. For the last few days Iv had really bad period cramps and today I hav started bleeding again. I think it may be the return of my periods but the blood is bright red where as my normal periods where always browinish.

My question is,

Is this usual after child birth? Did anyone else experience this?
Or should I be concerned?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like your period to me hun. Mine returned after 6 weeks with Alex - JJ is 6 weeks on Monday and still waiting for my first with him. Have tell-tale bloating so don't think it'll be long now. My first after Alex was quite painful and the blood quite fresh - lasted about 4 days.x
  • Options
    Thank you it is very painful and I just feel flooded off my feet but im glad its normal

Thank you x
  • Options
    Toby is 7-weeks and I have been bleeding on and off for about 5-days now... first it was brown, old blood... now its bright red, although it stopped 2days ago!!! I'd say its totally fine.
    xxx
  • Options
    I have this. Aeryn was nearly 6 weeks when i got brownish blood, then over the last week its been REALLY heavy and painful.
    I have my 6 week check up with the doctor Friday and mentioned it to him, he said its very normal and it is the return of my periods *BOOOOOOO!!!*
    I am still bleeding unfortunatly. Although, he did say the pains could partly be due to my c-section and my muscles closing. xx
  • Options
    I stopped bleeding after birth at 4 weeks, then a week later i had fresh bleeding which was more period like and stopped after 4 days so i assume that must have been my period, was a bit strange though as i'm bf and thought you didn't get periods for a while on them...
  • Options
    Hey just wanted to let you know what mine experience is. I bleed for 10days after birth, Ella is now 12weeks old I have been having a period for nearly 3weeks which is very painful, heavily and fresh blood. My period came after starting the pill again. Im going to get checked by gp tomoz.
  • Options
    i had an emergancy section and bled for about 3 weeks after that. Havent had a period yet and ciara is 13 weeks! i am partially breast feeding so i think that may have somehting to do with it, and ive been back on the pill for nearly a month. not sure if thats normal?.