Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where is everyone?

I keep popping on this forumn, but we hardly get any new posts. I know we're all busy mummy's now, but i thought i'd see how we're all doing.

How are you all coping with your little ones? Are you more settled now? Are you going to groups or classes?

Oliver is doing great, and growing by the day! He's got his injections on thursday which i'm not looking forward to (mental note to get some calpol)

Also we're in the process of moving back to my hometown, so i'm currently trying to pack up our house whilst entertaining the baby. He seems to be awake a lot more at the moment, which is lovely as i'm getting more smiles and gurgles, but difficult because he gets bored so quickly!

We've also been doing baby swimming classes which have been alot of fun, he's really started to enjoy them and we've managed to transfer one of the exercises we do into bath time, so he doesn't scream when i'm trying to wash his hair image

Anyway, just wanted to hear how you are all doing...hope you and your lo's are well! image

Replies

• Options
    Hey, i always post in June forum now as no1 seems to post here?! I think a few of the May ladies are in that forum image
    How old was ur lil1 when u started doing ur baby swimming lessons? As i would like 2 take Laila to that!
    Laila has her jabs this monday, bless her, getting my mum to come along too, lol.
    We are both doing good, Laila was 8 weeks Friday image i havent had her weighed in couple weeks but last time she was 11lbs 7 1/2oz so im sure she's over 12lbs now.
    How much is ur lil1 weighing now? xx
  • Options
    hi- I found May a bit quite to so Ive been posting mainly in April as I was a late April baby!

Dexter my little one is doing fine he's a very big lad and is in 6 - 9 month clothes.... its mainly his length thats the problem!

Dex has his injections on tuesday and I'm a bit apprehensive about them.

Ive not been to any baby groups yet - im a bit scared of going on my own! x
  • Options
    I'm finding it quiet here too so have just kept away!!!
    Toby is doing well - our main "issue" is wind... not serious colic wind, but bad enough that he gets very upset at some feeds. Been trying all sorts of remedies, ways to help him burp, bottles blah blah! Am boring myself with it all now!!!
    He is 11-weeks and 4-days now and weighs 12lbs 1.5ozs! He has his 2nd lot of jabs on Thursday and I'm dreading it!
    We're getting proper giggles from him now which is amazing. I am in hysterics when he does it which makes him giggle more!!!
    Currently trying to book ourselves a little family holiday for September! I meet my antenatal friends once a week, sometimes more... I went to one baby group but didn't really like it too much - everyone knew everyone already!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    MummyJoo - what type of holiday are you looking for we've booked a cottage for a week in november with our cousins who had a baby girl 10 days after us - its in wales and was only 300.00 for the week between us- and it has a hot tub, pool table etc and lots of local attractions! x
  • Options
    Hi Girls !
    My lil girl Morgan is 10 weeks tomorrow and shes my lil star , shes so alert and full of giggles and smiles.
    we start waterbabies classes in September and i cannot wait !! lots of my friends atm have had babies so been visiting them...its like having my own mum n baby group ... ahaha im going to try some out this week as i dont have any plans ...since i been driving again (after 6 weeks of not being able to -Emergency C section in the end) i have been out every day.

oooo LilMrsAverage where in Wales r u staying ? i live in Wales. Im going away in October just down west Wales ... and in March we r going to Tenerife !! i cannot wait !!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Lilly_kick, we started doing swimming classes when Oliver was 5 weeks old, so pretty small. The classes are in a heated pool, which they reccomend for babies under 12lbs or 12 weeks. We took him swimming in the local baby pool today which was supposed to be heated but was actually a bit chilly and the poor little guy looked like he had been shocked!

Jojo* we are using waterbabies, and they are brilliant! We did think maybe it was a bit expensive before we started but me and hubby agree it's totally worth the money! And thats saying something for hubby as according to him most things are a rip off, lol!

Good luck for all the injections this week! Oliver seems to be a bit of a grump the past couple of days so no doubt he isn't going to be impressed at all :S

• Options
    i was "due in june" but then had thomas in may, but have stuck to "born in june" am afraid as it's a bit quiet in here! (although i do check on here!)

thomas is 9 weeks and doing well, still breastfeeding which i've surprised myself about (never thought i would do it, let alone this long!). very tired but he's very worth it image

xxx
  • Options
    I was also due in june, but gave birth to Michael on the first of may. So he is 12 weeks and a couple of days. Still breastfeeding with the occasional bottle of ebm. But like mrs_e I went back to born in june. It is very quiet here and seeing that Michael is only 7 weeks corrected he probably develops around the same rate as the other babies in born in june.
  • Options
    jojo - staying in amroth..

What does it mean when people say x weeks corrected???

I've never got it!
  • Options
    hi everyone i too stay away more now as its so quiet in this forum. lola-mae is 11 weeks and 1 day and sleeps from 9.30pm till 8am so im not a tired mummy anymore shes about 12 lbs bad mummy only gets her weighed once in a while lola takes about 30 oz a day how much are other may babies taking? we have a good routine and shes a contented baby hope everyone else is doing well
    claire and lola-mae
  • Options
    hey, ciara is 12 weeks today and absolutly fab and im loving being a mummy...dont want to go back to work EVER, but going back in september..hmph, need the pennies and my 'career' has only just really started. While ciara is sleeping i have become addicted to facebook which cannot be healthy. Still mix feeding ciara (my milk was simply not enough and she was loosing weight so introduced formula and she has finally caught up) I still love breastfeeding and hope to continue with it along side the formula. in took ciara to join the local library today and got lots of books out(how exciting lol) and i think she soon got fed up of me reading to her because she went straight to sleep tonight. hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying every moment with their babies!