Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

just an update on my relationship !

Hiya girls

Well since my last post me and my other half witch iv been with for 8yrs decided to give things 1 last shot!
Things seemed fine obviously not perfect after what he sed to me but i thought i could deal with it anyway on sat nite we went out with some friends and i didnt feel myself he ask what was wrong with me and i told he i just feel so inscure at the moment with everything not just him even though he is the reason 4 me feeling like this anyway he sed he was going to the toilet ,then he came bk and sed right his of home to get a tax i could tell this was a start of a row he sed to me you comeing or not i sed of course am cuming so we got in the taxi and went home were we rowed at bit more then spoke and he told me i need to stop all this that he came bk to me anyway we made up and ended up sleeping together .Then on sunday morning he told me he couldnt be with me he loves me as the mother of his girls and thats it his gone and left us again for the 3rd time my 4yr old is heartbroken too shes so close to her daddy .I love him and hate him so much .I now have to find somewhere eles to live as my name is not on the mortage even thou we brought this place together and have to start claming benifits which i have no idea on where to start .I find being a mum hard enough wen his with me so am so scared of being on my own iv been with him since i was 17 and i dont know how to live with out him am sorry for going on just have no1 eles to turn too xxxx

Replies

• Awww, honey that's not good.

Firstly I'd go to citizens advice to find out about the mortgage thing, but I reckon even if you're not on - it but have been contributing - you will probably be entitled to something if it's sold or have some rights.

Secondly, you'll qualify for child tax credits, help with rent and probably a reduction in council tax - see your local council and explain your situation, they should be able to sort you out with accomodation, even if it's just temporary. I'm not sure about working tax credits, do you work? You'll probably get some income support also.

Things happen for a reason so try not , easier said than done, get too down about things, try to concentate on your kids and Christmas.xx
  • hey hun !! awww big hugs ..
    im so sorry this is happening to you ...but be brave!
    i have no idea how ur feelin! ive been with my hubby since i was 17 too (6 years) id def feel lost.
    why dont u feel yourself hun?? i feel a bit lonely sometimes but i plan things to do everyday to get out of the house as i would go mad staying in all day!
    im actualy lookin forward to feb to go back to work!i love being at home with Lo but need money lol and i feel ready to go back !need adult interaction!
    maybe if u broken up a few times before its time to get a fresh start and enjoy life with ur beautiful babies . if u ever want to talk on here or email me ? or if u wanna chat on facebook let me know x
  • Hi thnks girls
    The reason i didnt feel myself is cos he told me that he didnt love me about 4wks ago then he came bk to us and said he didnt mean it but i couldnt 4give him 4 saying that,yer i do work on maternity leave at mo plus its only 1hr a day so dont really pay to good x
  • Oh huni, big hugs to you and your children.
    Hopefully things will start to look up for you soon.
    Take Care xx
  • Sorry you're going through this. It's hard when you've been with someone a long time. You have to think about yourself and your kids now hun. Happy parents make happy children. You said yourself that your 4 year old is heartbroken again - your OH is playing games with you and the kids. You're not a commodity - don't let him treat you like that - you're worth more than that. I'm a single mum - although slightly different circumstances, it is hard work and sometimes I want to tear my hair out but I know I am happy and that my kids are, too. If your OH says he wants to come back again, take things slow - after the hurtful things he's said I'm sure it'll take more than he didn't mean it to forgive him - again. Good luck hun.x
  • Oh hunny he really is behaving like a pig to you I can't believe he slept with you and then had the nerve to say that to you the next day. I can totally understand you being scared of doing it on your own i have two as well and its bloody hard work even with a partner but thats no reason to put up with the kind of treatment he's handing out. I agree about going to the CAB just so you know all your rights and entitlements. Think about you and your girls now and if he does decide to come back to you again and you still want him make him bloody work for you. Take care hun and be strong its going to be hard but you can get through this . Thinkin of you Jenxxx