Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

shes started waking up again!UPDATED its starts + ends!!

Hi girls ! hope u n ur little ones r ok .
I been really really lucky as im breastfeeding and Morgans been sleeping through the night since about 12 weeks ish ... she sleeps from about 9pm to about 7/ 8 am ish ...
HOWEVER .... prob the last 3 or 4 nights shes been waking for a feed at 4.30am ? image gutting ...
im not sure why shes all of a sudden started waking ? any one having the same thing ?? xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok so all yesterday and today Morgan just doesnt seem to be herself shes not really a very cryey baby she normally cries for a fed .. but shes been crying whens shes feeding after shes fed .. just grisly ... so i thought mmmnn maybe its teething or weaning ... so this evening about 8pm i gave her about a tablespoon of mashed baby rice / bananas..after a while she kinda started slurping it down ... so i then bathed her changed her brought her back down stairs where i normally feed her before she goes to sleep ..... and then about 9pm she just feel asleep cuddled up to me ...?? i was like WOT she never sleeps unless shes been feed or ur standing rocking her to sleep .... i think im a bit like Oh ... um !! she didnt need me to feed her go to sleep ? im thinking that little bit of baby rice and banana has filled her belly right up ...

i feel a bit unwanted lol !! sounds daft but if i feel like this from just one feed what am i gonna feel like when i totally give up breastfeeding .. i dont want to breastfeed for much longer but god its such a weird feeling .. oh well LOL ..

[Modified by: JoJo* on 10 September 2009 22:47:52 ]

Replies

• hello,

I have read that when they start to wake through the night for an extra feed, it might be a sign that they are ready to start weaning. A couple of weeks ago, Ella was waking 4/5ish in the morning but it only lasted a few nights and was then back to her normal.

xx

(ps am also really glad the forum is getting going again!)
  • me too !!! its good to talk with mums with babies the same age.

maybe ill leave it another week ... she woke 4.30am sat night ... 8am sun so though it was a one off... then 4.30am since i was wondering if it was weaning but she feeds for 10 mins n goes back to sleep?
    this weaning is so complicated lol
  • yep i know the feeling leesy started wakeing up a few days ago so i put her on baby rice buuuut the little minx is still wakein up lol she clears 5 - 6 7 oz bottles of cow and gate a day shes so greedy lol xx
  • It could either mean that Morgan's ready to be weaned, ot it could simply be a growth spurt. I know when JJ was having his last growth-spurt he was a nightmare - he was hardly sleeping at all and during the night would either wake up, or seemed very unsettled. It lasted about 5 days and now he's back to normal sleep wise. Normally about 8:30pm - 6:00am.
  • emily has been doing that this week, think its where i started giving her a little bit of food but she hasnt wanted it for the last few days so shes waking up for that little bit extra. it hasnt been til 7;30am though and she goes straight back down til 10 so its not too bad, im just used to my lie ins now lol
  • Hi jojo,

glad to hear it seems to be sorting itself out. I know how you feel with the breastfeeding, I had to stop a week ago (my milk was drying up) and I really miss it. Hope things went smoothly for you today.

Shons
    xx