Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 09

Does anyone know how to go about carbooting?

Hiya ladies
A bit of advice please. My little chunky monkey is piling the weight on and he is already in 6 - 9mths clothes therefore I have got a wardrobe full of clothes he has touched once or twice. I gave all my daughter's stuff to a friend but have to admit I'm really reluctant to do this with his stuff as like I said he's barely worn them and we are talking Next and Debenhams stuff here. Haven't got the slightest clue what to do about selling on EBay so I thought about carbooting. Trouble is again don't know how you go about it have any of you carbooted before? Please tell me what you do xxximage

Replies

• for me.. i got everythin in the car and at like 6am, drove to the area where the car booty is, then queued for like an hour, paid a fiver for the fee.. then followed the other cars til there was a space i could park... get the tables out and start unloadin image all good fun, i love it image xx
  • and i TOTALLY understand about not wanting to give away new clothes... zaki hasnt worn some of his image and he's completely missed out 3-6 months lol... 0-3 months then 6-9 :'( bless him lol
  • Whats the chances of you living near Bolton and doing it for me lol;-). I think I'll give it a go there is a car boot on a Sunday near me but never been . Didn't know you could just turn up cheersxxx
  • Hi!

I love doing car boots! Make sure you have a small bag of change for people wit notes. Keep the entrance fee separate.

For the clothes, if you know anyone who has a clothes rail you can borrow it would be good as people find it easier to look through the clothes. Arrange on railing or on table in order of months so people arent just rummaging through (so annoying).

If there is a price you want for something (providing its not too high) dont be bartered down too low as people will try. I often do the ??1 each or 2 for ??1.50 kind of thing so people dont tend to try and change price.

Most importantly.......wear socks, take a flask and some nibbles image
  • Good tip I never even thought about needing change doh!! Might just go to the carboot this weekend and see what goes on, can you believe I'm nearly 34 and never been to a carboot before?
    Thanks for the infoxx
  • Did you go as a buyer or seller in the end?
  • Buyer, need a bit more time before I've got the confidence to sell I'm such a chicken shit hahaxxxx
  • haha it can be daunting at first when people (other sellers trying to get cheap perfume etc) crowd round before you have even finished unloading......it helps if you are a miserable cow like me first thing in the morning as it scares the other traders off image
  • Haha miserable cow I can do lolxx