Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So scared (aka so silly)

Hi guys I know there is very little traffic on this forum now but I don't want to post in another forum is case I piss anyone off.

My DD is now 8 months & I am 22 weeks pregnant(so these thoughts could be down to hormones!)

I am just so terrified somthing is going to happen to my LO just admitting this freaks me out. She's healthy & thriving so I have no reason to feel like this.

It doesn't help that I read the miscarriage & bereavement forums from time to time,the girls on there are so strong.

Even when I realise i'm being stupid & she's doing great I then start to panick about the one on board & pray I can get to 24 weeks (viable) again, no reason to feel this way.

You hardly get any midwife visits 2nd time around so i worry something will go wrong & be too late to pick up on it.

Anyone have these feelings?

xx

Replies

• Did want to read and run, I only have the one lo so can't relate to this being baby number 2 for you, but your fears sound perfectly natural to me x

Our babies (including those on board) are so precious and such a huge responsibility, now and again I would think we all freak out slightly that (god forbid) something bad may happen - but we can only do our best.

I would talk to your midwife/GP though if the feelings get out of hand and alarm bells start ringing that you're avoiding going out and about etc - in fairness you're under huge pressure with a young baby and another on the way though so don't be hard on yourself about feeling this way

Do try not to read the bereavement/miscarriage threads until you feel stronger, am sure the ladies in there would understand your fears and that right now you need to focus on the positive aspects of being a mum and expecting - just cherish how amazing every moment is and how lucky you are that things ARE going well image

xxx
  • I mean "didn't" want to read and run lolimage x
  • Hiya, it's quite a common thing to worry about something happening to lo, they're so precious!!! I was very paranoid with second pregnancy and am quite protective over her.

Just dot bottle your feelings up and make sure you talk to oh about them, mw too as AP said.

I'm sorry I'm not much help but your not alone, I even had awful dreams with Sara, I won't

Go in to them as they might make you worse

Xxx
  • I don't think you're being silly either. The thought of something happening to my LO is enough to make me burst into tears just thinking about it. Being pregnant is terrifying and I think everyone worries constantly about their unborn baby.

Do try to stay away from those forums, I know the temptation is huge when you're worrying, I'm sure we've all been on there too.

As the other girls say just make sure you talk to someone if you think your fears are going beyond the "normal" level.

Sending you big hugs xxxxxx
  • i agree with the others, perfectly normal worries and fears. I used to make myself cry reading the bereavement and miscarriage forums and now have banned myself from them. Our LO's are so precious and that makes us and them feel vulnerable which is scary. Try to step back from the triggers to your concerns else your time with LO will be dominated by fear. big hugs chick xx
  • Thanks guys, I guess my fears are normal - ish.

I fully expected to dread the day she wants to go clubbing or on her first holiday away but not to think something might happen before she's even mobile.

I MUST stop going on those forums, they scare me but i've followed some of the journeys since last year & pray they are all getting on o.k.

Me & hubby were talking about the fact that me & my sister got endowments for our 21st & what we spent them on (me a car) I said it is likely my sis will want to travel or something (21 in august). He said he thinks thats a great idea.

I said 'WELL LILY ISN'T GOING TRAVELLING, SOMEONE WILL CHOP HER UP'.

He said I musn't stand in her way if that's what she wants to do & whilst I try my best to understand this - if he dare suggest it to her when she's 18 I will chop HIM up & I told him so!