Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Maybies first birthdays!

Hi all, just wondered what you were planning for your LO's first birthday - only 3 paydays to go!!

I've started getting a list together for presents I want to get.

You may think i'm mad but i've got to be super, super organised cos baby number 2 is due the day after!!!

I have a major dilema in that my parents don't talk to my hubby so I need to something that isn't too forced - like a meal out or having them all round my house would not be an option as it would be too close quarters.

I was thinking of booking for the soft indoor play centre. It would be that busy that surely it would make things less awkward? If I am in labour at least then both Grandmas can take over events - god, SO MUCH STRESS!!! I'd be heartbroken to miss it.

Replies

• You have the same dilemma I had last year, sara's birthday is the 8th may and Ava was due the 17th, was so worried after having Sara that i'd be early And miss it!! I didn't she came on the 22nd image

I've not planned anything yet but I really need to crack on with it. Prob doing a similar thing tbh, might have a joint party with a friends lo as he's going to be 1 a month later so we could have it in between!

We really need to save up having two bitjdays exactly two weeks apart! Yikes!!!

• OMG I haven't given this one any thought yet and am now thinking I need to!!

My babies were born on the 18th and it was such a sunny day I am hoping for the same this year and possibly going to do a BBQ at ours (saves having to transport 3 one year olds around and all that goes with them!!)

We are having a naming ceremony on 6th March which I am preoccupied with at the mo and finding outfits. My boys are almost growing out of 9-12m clothes (they are long rather than wide) and my little missy is spot on 6-9m so am searching the shops for inspiration.

S x
  • Not even given it a thought yet! lol. Tbh I don't think it will be anything too extravagent, probably a family tea or something like that - can't believe she's now 8 months old, it's gone in a flash!!

Present wise I think I'd like her to have a walker for her birthday depending on where she's up to development wise - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE her to have a rocking horse but too expensive for now - not to mention that we have no room!! lol.

• We're hoping to move house at some point this year so not going to do anything extravigant, and don't want to organise anything at our house because we might be in a bit of a mess!

Sophie will be 1 on 4th May - last year it was quite cold so I'm hoping it will be a bit better this year. For the day we're planing on going to either the children's farm or zoo. The week before we're going to be visitng family so will probably have some sort of party for the family then as well.
  • Hello my dear frndz, last monts a little baby born in my nabour. she is very beautiful. I like so much, We  decided to celebrate her first birthday party from my best organisers is http://www.birthdaybless.com/first-birthday.php  can any body advice me how to celebrte her first birthday.

Thanks