Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Diarrhoea - sorry nasty topic !

My little one has had diarrhoea for the last 2 weeks and he is completely off food, only taking a couple of mouthfuls a day. I have been to the Drs twice, who have just told me it is probably a bug and to keep the fluids up.... I have taken a sample in and hopefully will get the results back next week (the first sample leaked - yuk!) I intend to head back to the Drs on Monday, as I am worried about him getting dehydrated etc.

Just wondered if anyone else has suffered this for as long ??

Replies

• I haven't but it does seem along time getting through his system! i would definitely go back to the doctors in the meantime as they might be able to give him something now so long has passed. I hope the results help clear it up for him too xx
  • Hi,

My DD has had a bug and has had diarrhoea for 13 days now. The doc said she seems fine, she is eating and drinking just pooing lots! but doc sent a sample off too just to check. Poor little mite also has an ear infection too!

A few of the other babies in our NCT group had it but my DD seems to have it worse and it gave her terrible nappy rash!I hadn't heard of it going on so long either but just to let you know you're not alone!

• Ah poor mite! I bet he has a terrible sore bum after having it all this time. How are you getting on going back to the docs?

When ever I have taken Lily to docs they always stress as long as she's not off her food she is probably o.k so this is very worrying & the time it's gone on too.

My docs fobbed me off saying they didn't have any appointments for a week but I kept on at them & it turns out she had thrush so she had suffered all that time.

I was so angry, I wish they'd take baby problems more seriously. Mummy knows best xx
  • Yippee after 19 days of diarrhoea it has finally stopped !!! Have no idea what caused it, test results came back normal. A few people have said it might have been a strong reaction to teething, little one hasnt got any yet, so maybe they will all come through at once !