Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Chicken pox

Oh no! My mum looks after Lily & she's a chilminder so obviously every cold thats going Lily is picking up.

Now one of the little girls has gone chicken pox & my mum looked after her last week which would have been the 'incubation' period.

Lily has 2 spots on her face but they don't look poxy (lol) IYKWIM.

I guess it's better that she gets them now as it will be easier to stop her scratching & also better she gets them before baby no 2 comes along but she has only just got over thrush the poor thing!

Anyone elses LO had pox yet? Are they actually unwell with it? and how did you get on?....sounds like its doing the rounds!!

xx

Replies

• Options
    Sophie's not had it yet. But if Lily has got it you need to let your midwife know as it can be harmful for pg women. Hope she gets better soon xxx
  • Options
    No we've not had it - although to be fair I don't go to baby classes and she hasn't mixed with many children yet except to visit friends so she's not getting alot of the bugs and germs lol - in some ways its good to get it out the way now and build up immunity though imo. Am hoping to start a baby group maybe in the next few months now she can interact more - and then she'll get every germ going!image xx
  • Options
    (as in start going to a babygroup, not set up my own! lol)