Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My first day without Riley :(

My mum has taken Riley out for the day (by my request although she didnt need any persuading) My house looks like a bomb site and its really getting me down and I cant tidy up properly as Riley is such a pleasnt distraction.
He was in bed with me this morning when my mum came to pick him up and I got really upset and miss him like crazy but I have loads to do to keep my busy.

On the plus side, I sold my birth pool today so the money we got for that we are using to go out for a nice meal tonight.

I want my baby back image

Replies

• Options
    Aww hun, hope you manage a productive day...that's gotta be so tough. So far I've only managed to leave Ryan for 15mins (with my OH) while I dropped a friend who visited at the station.
    I've been really lucky this week has been OHs first week back at work and my mum has popped in for a couple of hours each day except wed to look after him so I could finish getting ready and do some jobs, or of he decided to feed while she was here she did some of my housework for me
  • Options
    Awww, it's hard isn't it! My hubby took Corynn to visit his parent's house the other day for a few hours. I thought I'd appreciate the break, but the house was suddenly so empty! I didn't go along cos I'd have to walk up 6 flights of stairs to his parent's house.
    He'll be back before you know it. Also on the plus side you'll be all refreshed and rested too (make sure you take a nap!) which will make you an even better mummy than you already are image
    I'm going to let hubby's sister take Corynn out for a few hours next week to get some proper rest too. I'm dreading it but looking forward to it at the same time and think I might treat myself to a trip to the hairdresser's or a pedicure!
    x

• Options
    it is horrible sweets, my hubby has taken Izzy out a couple of times and I couldnt go coz of the section and i ended up in tears every time. It has got easier but ive found it impossible to relax. He'll be back before you know it and can enjoy lots of snuggles in ur clean and tidy home xxx
  • Options
    How did you get on Kayleigh? Hope you enjoyed the day!
  • Options
    How did you get on Kayleigh? Hope you enjoyed the day!