Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do I just give up on the idea?

Kieran is now 7 weeks old and I have started to think about the future. I would love to go on to have another baby, but my husband does not want anymore...

I can understand it as his older 2 girls are 21 and 19. My older two girls are 16 and 12.

He just says he is too old to think about having anymore (44) and is refusing to even consider it. Last time we spoke about it I said we would wait and see how he feels when Kieran is one but he said there is no point he doesn't want anymore!

I dont know what I am meant to do? Do I just give up on my dream of having more and try and bury the want? Or just hope we have an happy accident? not that I would cause a happy accident on purpose as I am not like that, but have just started on the pill and I am so rubbish at remembering tablets!

I just cant imagine that at 31 - 32 in august that my baby making days are over!?!

Replies

• snap!i want one more but hubby said no!im hoping to change his mind over the next year or 2....x
  • I think I'd like another but hubby says no for now - and in fairness we'd struggle financially so I see his point but I'm getting on a bit so we can't wait for long!!

Not having a dig but if you're rubbish at taking tablets shouldn't you try a different method of contraception? That does smack a little of you'll probably get your own way no matter what your hubby feels? Sorry, don't mean to be horrible but you did say it! lol.

Hope you talk him round hon x