Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So close to giving up!

I am so close to giving up BF its unreal!! My little milk monster is feeding 2 hourly at the moment and I'm not sure how much more I can take! It's not as if she is snacking either they are proper feeds, she got weighed on monday and friday and had put on 3 ounces in 4 days!! I just need a break! I tried to express so her dad could feed her before he went away, completely emptied my boob and she wolfed it down in 1 minute flat and then had a full feed about half an hour later! The only thing that is stopping me is all the hassle of bottle feeding, but I just feel house bound at the moment because she constantly needs feeding! x
Melanie and Leila 11 days x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry am gatechrashing, just saw your post and had to reply,

I felt the same when dd was born, she was a total boob monster and would feed for up to an hour, every couple of hours for the first few weeks. Some days I felt she was permanently attached to me, but honestly it will get easier. She will start to feed quicker each time, and as her tummy grows she will go longer between feeds. Admittedly, it tooke a while for me to notice but one day I realised that dd had gone 3 hours between feeds and this soon became the norm. One thing I did find though, my dd liked to cluster feed in the evenings, and I was often feeding her on and off for a few hours, but again she did grow out of this too.

My dd is now nearly 8 months and we're still bf'ing, and I'm so happy I perservered through those really difficult first few weeks. A bit of advice would be to just get yourself a good bf support pillow, a stash of magazines, a big glass of water, your mobile and the tv remote handy and take the opportunity to just sit down and put your feet up while she feeds! Really hope you manage to stick with it, you're doing a fantastic job image

Hope this helps,
    Caroline xxx
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel hun, was feeling the same although for slightly different reasons the other week and although things are still tough they are getting easier, generally he's now feeding every 2-3 hours in the morning, then in the afternoon get a 3-4hour gap (time to go out!) then 2hourly ish in the evenings.
    Just wish he'd latch on easier so could feed him in public and the pain would start to ease. But we'll get there.....eventually.

Feel free to msg me or add on facebook if you want to chat xx