Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Stretch n sweep

Hi girls and Mayby's :\)

I'm finally having my first sweep today at 40+6 (they wouldn't let me have one before!) and i'm just wondering what your experiences were after having one. I know they don't work for some and i'm geared up to have another one over the weekend but am hoping it might do something if my cervix is in co-operation! Anyone go into labour shortly after or within 48 hours? I'm getting fed up now and can't wait to join you all so trying to think positively!

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/v6Qa.png

Replies

• Hi Minieggs

I had one yesterday (ouch) and have had a bloody show since. Not sure if this means anything.

I have heard that its more likely to be a success if you have already lost a bit of plug and had some twinges.

Good luck xx
  • hi it worked for me! we had sex in the morning had the sweep then had sex after the sweep straight away started getting pains every 15 mins that lasted till the next day then we had sex twice more the next day then lost my plug and gave birth the next day image so my advice is loads of sex!!!!!!
  • Thanks,

YM- I've only lots smallish bits of my plug but never bloody so far, hopefully today will change that! Been having twinges for a while but not sure if they're the right kind iykwim!

Ooh that sounds promising TM, though tiring also! Was it not too sore after the sweep?

She's coming some time before 12 so just waiting now!
  • I had my sweep on the Friday and the midwife said she cxouldn't really do it very well as my cervix was still quite a way back, so to expect I would be going in for my induction the following Wednesday. BUT I started getting a brown coloured loss almost straight afetr and had the little man after a very quick Labour on the Sunday image x
  • no sex was fine after the sweep x
  • Well she said my cervix was soft and had begun to change and did a stretch but not dialated at all so no sweeping but i was pleased that my body has started to prepare so that's good. Have been loosing some mucus plug ever since and managed to BD this am. Will have another one tomorrow if no baby by then but am hopeful that things will get going in the next couple of days.
    Thanks for the replies girls, must seem like a lifetime ago to you all now you have your LO's! x
  • Looks like mine worked, LO was born 24 hours after I posted my response!