Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Finally!

Isobel has finally got the point of tummy time... its only taken 3 months hehe. Usually when we do it with her, she face plants the mat, drools a lot and works herself up into a paddy. It hasnt worried me as her neck and head control are fantastic when she's being held and the HV was shocked at how early she was doing it but it was frustrating she couldn't transfer the skill. Last night she did it and i'm a very proud mummy hehe. She's managed it again this morning and is at this very moment happily playing on her tummy... she's even managed to turn 180 degrees and shuffle down the mat. Yay! x

Replies

• Well done Izzy! Sophie used to be quite good at it, but at the moment just stuffs her hands in her mouth and lifts her bottom. I'm hoping it will pass!. She does have very good head control when being held though.
  • Corynn doesn't do anything when put on her tummy except cry either! But like you when I hold her up on my shoulder she's holding her head up and looking around loads. I dread tummy time and usually give up after 5 mins or so!
    Well done izzy! Before you know it she'll be escaping image
  • Ryans doesn't get tummy time either, he just pushes with his feet trying to 'travel' forwards but his head just digs into the ground! Haven't been concerned as his head control is really good and he wants to sit up holding my hands all the time. Did mention it at postnatal group yesterday an our community nursery nurse suggested trying a tummy toy (basically a v pillow) so got home and dug out my nursing pillow, laid him down with his tummy sloped up on it and he lifted his head off the pillow striaght away!
  • Freddie gets comfy and falls asleep with tummy time!x
  • Isabel doesn't seem impressed with tummy time either - but her head control is great on my shoulder and when I sit her on my knee - she loves sitting upright on my knee watching the World go buy - her head control seems really good though and she's always been quite strong and inquisitive at following people in the room etc so not panicking just yet lol.

xx