Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010

bleeding after sweep

Hi ladies

Hope you are all well and enjoying mummyhood - really hope I'll be joining you over here soon (although I think bubs might wait to be born in June!).

Just been to mw unit for monitoring. This was our 1st trip there and has reinforced my desire to give birth there using the birthing pool if I can. The mw wasn't convinced my EDD was correct and checked my notes. Turns out from my 12 week measurements I ought to have been due on 18th and not 16th. However, as my cycles were never regular (never had a 28 day cycle in my life) I could actually only be a week overdue rather than pushing 2 weeks.

Anyway, she did a sweep, which was even more uncomfy that the last one I had and I'm pleased to say I am beginning to dilate. However cervix is still quite thick and a bit back. Still having no contractions either. I bled a little after my 1st sweep and had a bloody show the following morning. I've had quite a bit more blood after this one and just had a bloody show. I was sat on the loo thinking I needed a wee but couldn't go - when I looked in the pan itlooked as though I'd dripped some fresh blood. Do you think this is something to worry about. Obv, if it gets worse or continues I'll call triage but not sure whether I should perhaps be worried. Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah (not quite sure how pregnant I am but def overdue!) x