Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Oh my god so much to do, so little time!!

Hi ladies..

We have finally been offered a 3 bed house, after managing in a 2 bed with 2 teenage girls and Kieran (not easy let me tell you).
Anyway the housing rang me this morning and offered me the 3 bed..they said there was just one problem. We have to sign the tenancy for Monday!!
Now I am not wonderwoman! How can I pack a 2 bed house, take stuff to the chairty shops that we dont want, clean the house (not that its dirty but I like to clean before I move) and look after a baby all on my own as Husband is working all weekend. And get it all done ready to move Monday...oh and I am breastfeeding fully so nobody can take Kieran for a couple of hours to let me crack on....eek!
So I rang the housing and managed to get to keep our keys to current house for 2 weeks extra! Still not a lot of time as doing most of it on my own...though the girls will help out xx

Replies

• omg,lots of notice then!!! Hope you get it all sorted, i've moved loads so i know what hard work it is, hope you can also find some people to help,bribe them with chips and beer,it always helps!!! X
  • OMG you're going to have to be superwoman! lol. I bet you're really organised without realising it though - and least you can go back to the old house over the next 2 weeks to do a bit each day before handing it over - that was good of them really I guess. Fantastic news on the bigger house though!!! image xx
  • Good luck hun. Im sure it will all work out fine xxx
  • Fab news! Hope it all goes well hun, at least you've got two teenagers to help- or maybe not I guess x
  • Thankyou ladies. It's going to be mad! Managed to do a little of the kitchen today, Kieran sits in his chair quite happy watching me bless him. I tell you what though, it's amazing how much crap you gather!! Only been in this house for 3 years and we have so much to take to the charity shops. Where does it all come from and why do we buy it in the first place?? xx
  • Good luck honey! Although I'm sure you'll get it done just fine. I always have a wardrobe and drawer cleanout every six months or so and I end up throwing away 4 or 5 big bin liners full of crap. It's amazing. And I bet like me you don't even remember where or why you bought half of the things!
    One good thing about you being against the clock is you can be more ruthless with your stuff. I try to throw anything away that hasn't been worn or used in the past six months (you'd be surprised how much that is!!). It hurts, but you can't afford to be sentimental! image
    It's good you got a few weeks though, hope you get it done! Rope some friends in and treat them to a bottle of wine (and some pop for you!) xxx