Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where is she???

Hi ladies,

Im getting pretty worried now. Ellis was born 9 weeks ago today and I still have no sign of AF. I only managed to breast feed him for the first 5 days so that has nothing to do with it. I did a pregnancy test last wednesday which was negative & It would have been pretty unfortunate as we have only had sex twice as Im still very sore. Im not ready for another LO one yet. GP said give it till 12 weeks but this seems like a very long time?

So my question is how long did it take for your periods to return & is anyone else still waiting?
xxx

[Modified by: babymay2010 on 30 July 2010 11:09:27 ]

Replies

• Sophie's 12 + 3 and I'm still waiting. I am exclusivly bf though. She can stay away for a bit longer as far as I'm concerned!
  • Ryans 13+1 and nada! I did bf for 6weeks and then expressed for another 4 though. Now on my second packet of the pill (did a test before starting), the gp put me on cerazette because I was still feeding him did a google yesterday and it sounds like an awful pill which completely screws with your body and can stop your af completely so am off to get a prescription for my old pill today
  • I bf for 10 days only. Af showed up when Evie was between 9 and 10 weeks.

Serena X
  • felix was 9 weeks yesterday, and nope, still no AF for me either. xxx
  • Mine showed up pretty much to the day 4 weeks after I stopped breastfeeding x
  • I breast fed for nine weeks and still no sign, thank goodness! x
  • well i think your all damm lucky lol i have had 2 AF's since katelyn was born she is 3 months on sunday and if im honest i have been bleeding 2 weeks now sorry tmi its a pain lol

xx
  • dont worry!i bottlefed from the start and mine arrived last sat when phoebe was 10weeks. i also did pregnancy tests as iv not been particularly careful but it came, so dont worry, its normal!xx
  • Thanks girls for your replies, I feel better knowing that Im not the only one. I have to admit today I brought another pregnancy test & Im pleased to say it was negative. No doubt that it will arrive during the next week when we are away on holiday.

Emily paige hope it stops soon, that definitely doesnt sound like fun xxx
  • Ophelia is 10 weeks and i have been EBF but have still managed to have two AFs about 3 weeks apart, the first was really light but this one is awful. I am glad they have started tho as i'm actively trying to conceive
  • I had mine at 7 and a half weeks, exactly 4 weeks since I did my last breasfeed.x