Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hates his morning bottle!

Does anyone else lo 'dislike' their morning bottle? Ryan is getting worse and worse about it, he has his last feed around 7 then dreamfeed between 10-11, apart from dummy runs (only one last night yay!) he sleeps through til 7-8 (was 8.30) yesterday so it's been 8-10hpurs since his last feed but I have to battle to get him to have any of his morning bottle, eventually he'll take 2-4oz and then usually goes his normal 3-4hours until the next feed.
He does initially want his bottle but once it's in his mouth he changes his mind and the battle begins. I've thought about waiting until he 'asks' for a feed but if I do that I don't think we'll get enough
in the day again, which is why i had to introduce his dreamfeed. His other feeds he has 5-7oz but the mornings are just so frustrating!

Ignore below I just need to vent!
Oh went away last weekend to V fest of course Ryan had his jabs on Friday just before daddy left so I had a grumpy boy and worst sleep ever over the weekend. Saturday morning after 4hours sleep a leak that we'd resolved beginning of the week returned! Sunday fil had an accident- he's ok but meant that oh's weeks holiday this week has been spent helping him instead of our family week,which also means oh can't stay up with me to dreamfeed as agreed, Tuesday the plumber came to fix the leak but had to get something and came back Wednesday so I had to go to my mums to have a shower. Wednesday night he got on the roof and fixed the leak despite torrential rain. Yesterday morning washing machine won't work, then find out we have no water- eventually discover main pipe leak locally. Had to go to get tap water for bottles from my dads. By the time I get home waters back yay! This morning, empty my bath and leak has returned!! Now oh texts me (he's back to work today) someone is leaving so he now has to work every other weekend instead of one in three!! Been one of those weeks....feel much better now

Replies

• Oh Hun how Awful!! What a week you've had!! Hugs chick
    As for bottle, I'm not going to be much help there sorry.. How old is Ryan again? Sorry I can't remember? Just wondering if he's willing you to give him food but that's prob not it, it seems odd though, you'd think he'd be starving by the time he gets up!

Xxx
  • He's 17 weeks now, was hoping to hold off as long as possible but I'm sure he'd love food and I don't think we'll be able to wait much longer. He's never taken as much in the morning but seems strange having to force it down him
  • what a rubbish week you've had! poor you.

Isobel hates her morning bottle and it was always a fight. Now i leave her for an hour and we get dressed and play in that time and then give her bottle to her. If she seems hungry i split the feed and she has half when she wakes up and the remainder an hour later. If this means we might miss a feed later in the day i 'tweak' the timings of the other feeds and bring them forward by half an hour or so so i can fit them in. Hope that helps chick xx
  • The leak has been fixed at least so things are only on the up now (I hope).
    Thanks hun, think I might try waiting half hour for his feed and see what happens. Unfortunatley my stubborn little monkey will only feed properly as and when he wants to. Tweaking has only ended in tears before, even if it's only 15mins before I expect him to want his bottle if he hasn't 'asked' for it he gets the hump! However he is as we call him, the self l-regulating baby, if he gets up late and his first bottle is an hour and a half late...by the last bottle we're no more than half hour out from 'normal'. Will try delaying tomorrow and see how we get on xx

• Hi love, hope things improve at home! Just a quick suggestion re morning bottle- maybe if you have 15 mins of really vigerous play b4 try feeding? I say that because despite the fact my lo sleeps through 10-12 hrs per night, she doesn't get upset for food (I would have thought shed be ravenous) instead she's just pleased to get some attention, so maybe a bit of a play first would make him more hungry?? Take care xxx
  • Thanks Hun will definitely give that a go tomorrow Ryan got up the early end of normal today, so waited until he started acting hungry 45mins but then it was still a battle. Although we were just chilling in bed singing songs, send him out for a run tomorrow me thinks lol x
  • Sam won't feed first thing either. I leave him for a half and hour to an hour and then feed him and he takes it fine.

Your leaking pipes sound like a total nightmare!!