Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do you think?

As you may know Kieran is suffering from a cold at the minute. This morning he did a big sneeze and produced green snot (sorry). He has been sleeping more today than normal.

Do you think I should take him to see a Dr because of the colour of the snot and his sleepiness?

Replies

• he could be coming to the end of it maybe, my dd1 used to always sleep the illness off in the end. If your concerned go see a doc as thats what they're paid for and its better to hzve piece of mind hun xx
  • I don't think there is much they can do for a cold. I took Leo to docs when he had one because he was wheezing and I thought it might have gone to hid chest. Luckily it hadn't and I was just told to put him in a steamy room, elivaye his mattress if poss and use saline nose drops before feeds
    But if u are really worried take him as better to be safer than sorry in my book
  • i would say that if the thought of seeing the GP crosses ur mind then i would go see them just for peace of mind x
  • Thanks ladies.
    I took Kieran to see the doctor in the end as he was sick a couple of times and some of it came up green!!
    He checked his chest and all is clear. Apparently when you are BF the sick can sometimes come out green, something I never knew.
    He gave him some drops too as he has a runny eye poor little thing. x