Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what are your babies up too?

Hi ladies,
Riley is 20 weeks and has rolled front to back a few times but has decided he dosnt want to do it anymore. He seems to tolerate tummy time for about 5 minutes but then gets grotty. He used to love tummy time.

Apart from that he hasn't done much yet, if we sit him up he nose dives into the floor and he hasn't even tried rolling back to front or standing.

He does sleep through the night though from 8 till 7:30 so can't have it all. What are your little ones doing? Xxx

Replies

• Meg is the same at 19 weeks. Rolled over 3 days running a couple of weeks ago then hasn't since and screams if you put her on tummy. She also can't sit by herself yet but loves being sat in her bumbo or high chair and hates lying down!

She also sleeps from 8.30 til 7.30 most days.
  • Hello, Freddie has rolled tummy to back but not the other way, he is 18 weeks. He can sit for a few seconds but then topples. He loves being stood up and likes to stand on our laps alot,

He has two bottom teeth which arrived on Sunday and are growing rapidly..... and today he BIT MY BOOB!!!!!!!! Twice and now have a little bruise.... not cool!!!

Hope you are feeling well xxx
  • My lo is 18 weeks now, she still hates tummy time lol, she hasn't rolled yet - I think she's more likely to sit unaided before she masters rolling as she loves sitting upright and is quite steady just being supported a bit - I have a bumbo now and she finds it bizzarre I think that I'm not holding her lol.

Love that she smiles and sometimes giggles now too - and the squeals off delight just make me go gooey lol.

Hope you are coping ok with Riley's PKU - although guess that's not an issue till he's on solids really? Hope you're feeling ok and things are well xx
  • Hello!

Sophie's 20 weeks today too. She's rolled back to front twice (both times I turned away for a second and missed it!) and front to back a few more. She was doing it loads a few weeks ago, but doesn't seem that bothered any more (apart from when I change her nappy, she always goes up onto her side then, grrrr!) This week she has started sitting unaided for very brief moments and today managed a minute. She's still very wobbly, like a weeble, so I'm not classing it as proper unaided sitting yet.

But the best thing is that she has started sleeping from 10.30 ish to 6.45!!!!!!! After ages of waking every hour that is her best achievement yet!
  • Hi all,

Maya's now 15 weeks. She's rolled tummy to back once or twice, but I think it was more a question of toppling than a deliberate effort!! On her back she gets as far as her side, but doesn't hasn't mastered the final push yet!

She's starting to crane her neck when laid flat quite a bit, particularly in the pram - she's nosey and would far rather be upright. She loves the Baby Bjorn so she can nose about :\)

She sleeps through from 7pm til 7am with a dreamfeed at 10.30pm so we've been lucky there. She's been ff since around 5/6 weeks which I think had something to do with it.

I'm going back to work in 3 and a half weeks and will be so sad to miss all the little milestones :cry:
  • Leo is 22 weeks now. He rolls front to back but not the other way. He can sit for few seconds on his own but then topples forward. However he hates lying down now and wants to stand all the time. He's quite strong at it and I stand him leaning against back of sofa and he stands up against the pillows. When he's sitting on my lap he wiggles out of my arms and trys to pull himself up!!
    No teeth yet but his c canine teeth have dropped right down.
    Just started on solids a couple of weeks ago and is on 3 meals a day already. Loves his food but hates his milk!!
  • isobel is 19 weeks. She can roll both ways and her favourite trick is to roll from her back onto her stomach when im trying to get her to nap.She finds it hilarious! She doesnt often roll from her front onto her back but does the other several times a day. Im very lucky that she loves tummy time (although used to hate it!) and she spends ages on her stomach chatting and drooling. She can sit unaided but squawks if we leave her too long.
    No teeth yet.
    Still on the bottles and wont be weaned for another month.
    Sleeps from 7-7 but has only started to settle through the night since we ditched the dummy image x
  • My bubs are 18 weeks (altho technically 12 weeks corrected).

They are teetering on the brink of rolling over and the family are placing bets on who will be first!!

Teeth are on the way - Lenny's are nearly through.

Tummy time is a big hit and brought about first giggles in my boys.

Lenny and Violet happily sit in a bumbo altho Max is not quite there yet. Len will also sit unaided for a few moments.

All 3 love standing, especially Violet and she thinks she is the bees knees when she does!!!

Weaning on hold at mo as they all sleep through from 7.30pm til 7am.

S x

• Riley is really well thanks Apple Pie, I got a call from GOSH tonight and they think hes ready to put on 4 solid meals a day as he is on 2 now. We hit a rough patch a few weeks ago where he refused his milk and he has to have a certain amount a day which had me in tears for a few days but we are back on track now. xxx
  • Kaitlyn is 20 weeks today. We've only just started her on an 8.30pm-8.30am routine.

She hates lying on her back for long unless its in her baby gym where she keeps swatting and pulling the hanging toys. She loves tummy time and worms her way off the gym unto the carpet.

She does the airplane when she is on her tummy for long - part of her chest and some of her tummy off the floor.

She gigles allot and laughs out when I make silly faces or kisses her on her neck.

She sits up for about 5-10 seconds and then keels over on her side or face. She pushes her self up as if she is doing situps - she does this in her car seat, swing and if I prop her up on a pillow while im getting dress.

She babbles allot and screals at the top off her voice as though she is singing and when I join in with her she stops for a second and then tries to go louder than me - so we end up having a screal out session (I only do this when we are home) and loves to stand up and walk around (offcourse I'm holding her and walking with her)

She is yet to do a 8-12 hr stretch without having a feed - She gets a feed at 10-11pm and then at 4.30am and then wakes at 8.30am.

Has not even attempted to rollover.

I have been giving her tasters - but is yet to start weaning fully as I find it differcult to feed her on my lap.

xxx
  • Aw glad things worked out ok and are going well kayleigh x
  • Corynn is 19 weeks old today!
    She loves to sit up on someone's knee and can sit for about 30 secs to a minute unaided. Then she topples forward. She does sit-ups when laying down.
    She loves to "stand" pushing down on the floor or my legs. When she does this she moves her head from side to side like a little dance!
    She started giggling a few weeks ago and it's so cute, a proper little girly laugh.
    Today she suddenly decided to give rolling a go and got onto her side from laying on her back twice. So probably not long for us before she rolls over completely!
    She has been a real 'talker' for months already. She's so loud that we can't even hear ourselves talk sometimes! And when she's excited or happy she does this huge squawk noise like a parrot. She also does an excellent Popeye face when she's chatting image
    We have started her on just a but of powdered cereals added to her last bottle at night and will start full-on weaning in around one month (5months old).
    Corynn doesn't (and never has!) sleep through. She has done it twice as a fluke! She goes to bed at around 7.30 or 8pm and wakes up in the morning about 7.30am. She wakes up for feeds at about 12, and 4am.
    xxxx Lovely post! I'm so glad Riley is doing well, Kayleigh. Hope you're good tooimage
  • Great post. J is 19 weeks and he rolls both ways. He hates lying flat unless he is in the baby gym. He can't sit unaided but likes being in his bumbo. And his sleeping is awful! He is up at 10, 1,3 and 5. I need some sleep!!
  • Ryan was 21 weeks yesterday!

We started porridge for breakfast a week ago as he was off his milk- but is now drinking more!

He's still not particularly impressed with tummy time... and is yet to roll he hasn't even tried front to back. A few weeks ago he was really going for it back to front but would get 3/4 the way then fling himself back, if he had a gentle nudge to start him off he will go the whole way but not of his own steam.

He can sit for about 30secs before tooling over, but isn't really interested in trying he just wants to spend the whole day standing!

He has figured how to wriggle off my lap and push himself up on his feet just holding my hands for balance. If I sit him on a step he bum shuffles to the edge until he can slip off and land on his feet- looking proud as punch of course!

He has been sleeping through since early on but goes through phases of waking for dummy runs.

His favourite activity is swimming, we've been twice this week as he enjoys it so much. He loves standing in the pool...although only wants to hold my hands so when the water takes his feet out from under him he face plants into the water oops! But isn't phased. He loves floating on his back with one of us supporting his head and kicks like made. He finds it so funny when we 'drop' him in the water and has today figured out it's not only his back he can kick on.

He's having 4 bottles during the day, plus porridge then a dreamfeed, he sleeps 7-7(ish) and we HAVE to go somewhere everyday

So lovely to hear all the maybies are doing so well xx
  • Jensen is now 17 weeks and was 4 months yesterday. Where has the time gone??? He weighs 15lb 5oz now.

He's still breastfeed mainly but the little monkey refuses the boob at bedtime so has a 6 oz bottle instead. He's now sleeping 8.30pm until 8am, I dreamfeed at 11pm but I'm not sure he needs it, I'm just so full and want to keep my milk supply.

Jensen also hates tummy time, he'll only tolerate it for short periods of time but he's great at the mini push ups! He's getting close to being able to sit but loves his highchair and bumbo, such a nosey boy!

Jensen loves walking around the room holding our hands, seems to love standing best and he loves bouncing in his frog. He rolled from back to front once but not from front to back, he's doing things backwards.

Glad the other Maybys are doing fab! image