Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hair Loss ?

I just wondered if anyone else had suffered hairloss after giving birth, my LO is now 4 months and my hair has been coming out over the last few weeks and is now starting to come out in clumps. I am off to the GPs next week, but just wondered if this was happening to anyone else?

Replies

• Options
    yes yes yes!! this is my 2nd baby and its happened both times, dont worry you are not the only one!xx
  • Options
    yes, i hoovered today and had so much hair everywhere! DD always has a few strands in her hands lol. my mummy friends warned me this would happen and that its normal x
  • Options
    Yup, it's awful, in the shower I get clumps coming out. Had it last time too! X
  • Options
    Yup, it's awful, in the shower I get clumps coming out. Had it last time too! X
  • Options
    I have cream carpets and black hair. Its everywhere!
  • Options
    Yep, it's completely normal! I loose hair like you wouldn't believe, but that completely stopped when I was pregnant so it's making up for it now!
  • Options
    i dont think im losing it apart from when it gets yanked out by lil man lol
  • Options
    Mine comes out when I comb through conditioner in the shower.. my plugholes are constantly blocked urgh!! Yummy drain hair!
    xx
  • Options
    Yes I'm surprised I'm not bald!!! Hubby continually moans at me as he finds my hair everywhere!
    And sweating and being hot. Does anyone else find they are just hot all the time? I used to be such a cold person
  • Options
    I'm the same arlik...everyone else is shivering and I'm in a short sleeved t shirt.

Does the hair grow back by the way? I'm losing so much I'm starting to get worried.
  • Options
    Thanks, glad I am not alone in the hair loss dept !!! Spoken to a few friends who have all said it does grow back but slowly .....

Thankfully not having the hot sweats, had them all through pregnancy so glad to see the back of them, I do feel for those of you suffering with them though.
  • Options
    Mine is coming out in clumps and it's everywhere!
  • Options
    I've always been a molter....but it slowed right down when I was pregnant and now making up for it- I'm sure it's the reason the plumbers been out 3 times to unblocked the drains!
  • Options
    Oh yes me too !! I am not sure but I thinking it is slowing down a little bit ?! Does anyone know more or less when it slows down or stops ?! I read too that it may grow back differently for example if you have straight hair it grows back curly or vice verse ! lol Posy I am too always very hot !