Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teething?

How early can babies start teething?

Megan keeps chewing her hand and has gone quite drooly, even after she has just had a bottle and can't be hungry. I can't see any white bits but her gums do have little gaps in where teeth could come through. Could this be teething?

Replies

• Options
    Archie doing exactly the same! Constantly shoving his hands and forearms in his mouth and this is after being fed too! He wears a bib just to collect the dribble some days!

Most babies don't start teething for a couple more months yet but babies can apparently start to show all the signs months before any teeth come through! My nephew was born with teeth! x
  • Options
    They can start quite early.

Has she got any other signs eg red cheeks, sore bottom etc? Sophie is the same, she has gone quite dribbly and is always chewing her hands. However, she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort, so I think it may be that she has simply found her hands and is experimenting with them.
  • Options
    I've been wondering the same, Ryan is so so dribble- now on the 3rd top of the day, just about to order some dribz. For the last week or so when he's holding someones hand the first thing he does is shove your finger in his mouth and have a good chew, not doing it with his own that much yet though
  • Options
    No, no other signs yet, sounds like its quite common then
  • Options
    Sam is the same... i think its just a phase of them discovering their hands.
  • Options
    Leo is the same. Asked Heath visitor and she said it could be start of teething. He is 14 weeks. His cousin is only 6 weeks and is already cutting a tooth! I think the average is to start around 3/4 months old?
    I was born teething too apparently!
  • Options
    izzy is doing the same, bubbling at the mouth and shoving her hands as far down her gob as they'll go! everything she manages to grasp goes into her mouth too so im presuming its a discovery thing x
  • Options
    Kieran is doing exactly the same..he loves nothing more than having a good ole chomp on his dads finger when he is holding him x