Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010

FAO.... C-section mummies

Hi there ! I hope everyone is doing good ! I had my c-section 6 weeks ago and some days maybe about 5 times a day on some days I still get that quick sharp shooting pain that lasts about a few seconds. Do you all still get some pains ? Please share your experiences with me =) I have a dr appt tomorrow but last time I asked they said to take motrin and it's normal that it the nerves trying to connect or something like that. I just wanted to know from real people how you are getting along and if it is normal. Thank you in advance !

Replies

• hi babysnow i had my c-section 8 weeks ago...i dont get shooting pains but still find my tummy where the scar is quite painful in the evenings mainly if i had a busy day and was out and about. i do think it takes a lot longer to heal then other people say so...hope you're ok xxx
  • Yes it is taking longer than I thought and others say. At my 2 week appt my dr said at my 6 week appt we would discuss that I could already do things like situps. I wouldn't even consider it knowing how much soreness and pain I get when I just do a little work that has nothing to do with my belly muscles. I find myself wishing the time away because of this and it's heartbreaking too because that means my baby will be bigger.

Forgot to mention that I also had 21 hours after membranes ruptured and made it to 9 cm(my baby was born a little conehead) so I might have a little pain left from both normal birth and c-section ugh. =)
  • yep i know what you went through i was in active labour for 22 hours got to 9 cm and then was whisked off for emergency c section then they managed to rip my uterus then it took them 3 hours to put me together again! what a nightmare...lost loads of blood too and had to have transfusion....so NO sit-ups for me for a while...i hate them anyway lol
  • Hiya, I had a section 6 weeks ago. Was in labour for 36 hours & got to 9cm, so know how you feel there. But I haven't had any pains like this. I just get achey pains when I have had a busy day like nita09. My tummy still feels a bit sensitive to touch as well but not sore. Def no sit ups for me either - not risking it when am still sore after just having a longish walk! I hope you get some answers 2morrow hun x x
  • My c-section was 6 weeks ago and planned and although I can now do everything I did before - I do get the odd twinge that reminds me it's there. It also gets a bit sore if any clothes rub against it so I have to watch that.

I haven't tried doing sit ups lol, but I do feel my stomach muscles being used a lot picking lo up, especially if I'm manouvering with her when sitting in bed at night feeding her to put her back down, gettingup from settee with her etc. - and although it's uncomfortable it doesn't hurt.

I think AF may be returning this week but am never quite sure if it might just be a little left over bleeding from the c-section? Anyone else's AF returned? Have got my 6 week check up on Wednesday image

xx
  • how did it go at the docs? cant say I have had any shooting pains though my scar is still slightly tender, I sympaphise with you I was going for a natural birth I got to fully pushed for 2 hours but her head wouldnt come down so they tried forceps that didnt work so then had a c sec (short version of the traumatic story!) but still feel tender downstairs too! hope you got the answers you wanted from the doc Love Luc xxx