Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010

i've just about had enough now!!!!!!

aarrgghhhh i dont know where to start! i honestly feel like this morning things have been building and build up then bam!!!! ive exploded.

1) we finally got felix into a routine where he was going to sleep about 10.30-11pm every night. i dont know what has happened, but now he wont go to bed till about 2am. as im so tired from looking after him each day i cant do it. hubby has to rock him to sleep so he does go down. this is causing rows between us.

2) because of this i am so tired. he isnt settling in the day and he's been crying constantly for about 3 days. he's gone from feeding every 3 hours to every 1!!!! i simply cant cope. my boobs are so sore and painful. i really dont want to give up breastfeeding but i feel like i cant cope anymore. i've xpressed some for a bottle at night which seemed to settle him, well not anymore!!!!!

3) as i'm in constant pain, i really wanted to go to my local breastfeeding support group to chat to other mums. i really enjoyed it last week and some of the other mums are lovely. but ive just come to find my keys and they've vanished!!!! so i cant go! been looking forward to getting out the house and going all week. but now im stuck inside with a screaming baby, sore tits covered in sick!!!!!! hubby even gave me some money to go treat myself to some new clothes as he knows how shitty ive been feeling. cant even do that now!

losing the car and house keys has just tipped me over the edge! i cant stop crying. i just want to run away and never come back!!!!

sorry to vent! xx

Replies

• How old is he? Sophie did this at around the five / six week mark and at its worst I was stuck in the armchair for 4 hours feeding her almost constantly, I thought it would never end! (mind you I had an epic 9 hour session at around the two week mark). And it was just a growth spurt.

It stopped as suddenly as it started leading to very big boobs for a few days (but I made the most of it to increase my freezer supply), so it won't be forever!
  • he's 5 weeks on thursday!i hope it passes as i simply cant cope!
  • Oh Tigerlily, I dont really know what to say, but didn't want to read and run.
    It is hard when you are stuck in all the time with a young baby, but it will get easier I promise.
    Can you put felix somewhere safe and just step out onto the doorstep for a couple of minutes and just breath.
    Felix is maybe going through a growth spurt? I know how hard these can be as it feels as though they are constantly attached to you! I am sure you car keys will turn up soon and you can get out for an hour or so this afternoon. If not why not put Felix in his pram and walk, it's amazing how much better you can feel from just walking. It sounds as though you need to get out of the house and maybe just a little walk might help you and might help Felix settle?

Sorry I dont think I have been much help hun.

((((Hugs)))) x

Maz x
  • firstly, BIG HUGS it does sound like a growth spurt,it should be over soon!
    Ask st anthony for your keys, they always turn up for me!
    Ava was a nightmare friday,slept sat all day and night,yester morning then yesterday afternoon she turned back in to hell bat, tired but not sleeping, everytime i put her down she'd wake, then feeding on off till 11,i thought she'd pop tbh she seemed to guzzle that much,trouble is i cant see how much she's taking..she didnt settle like she usually does, always had probs in day but pretty good at night. Shes grumpy this morning and will doze then wake, not another day image i'm tired and fed up.
    On the plus side i remember with dd1 that 5/6 weeks was hard and it got easyer after but its the time i started to mix feed ten she went off the breast so i'm more determined to stick at it this time, although its hard.
    Hope your keys turn up hun xx
  • Hi Tiger Lily, I have just come through this with Freddie - he was 6 weeks yesterday. His feeding and sleeping pattern went out the window - yesterday and today though he has been a dream - he was sooooo grumpy last week !!! Anyway just had him weighed and he has put on 10oz in a week so it was a huge growth spurt.

I am pretty sure yours will be the same. xxx
  • rach i dont really have anything useful to say but was wondering if you know anyone else with babies nearby?if not do you want to meet up sometime next week to chat as we dont live that far away from you?i dont breastfeed phoebe so i dont really have any advice on that front other than that my friend who has a 4week old is breastfeeding and she gives him a big bottle of formula at bedtime to make him sleep as she was struggling, she felt like she was doing someting wrong but once she saw the results she was more relaxed.uv done amazing lasting til 5weeks, i couldnt have done it!let me know if you want to meet up, dont keep it all bottled up!xx