Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2010

How much time ...

Hi Ladies

Just after some advice please...

How much time do you spend on naps, play and tummy time a day?

LO seems to love her sleep and am just worried that I'm not stimulating her enough. She a smiley baby so guess that means she's happy!!!!

For the last week she has been sleeping through from 9pm to 7am and is currently on 4 feeds a day (her choice to cut 2 feeds!) She has 3 x 7oz and 1 x 8oz just before bed all 4 hours apart so know she's getting enough.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cx

Replies

• For me the days vary depending on what I'm doing really - as she'll quite often nap when she's in the pushchair/car seat for longer than she would if we are at home during the day. Generally she has a half hour nap in the morning around half 9, a big sleep midday for 1-2 hours and then another nap (sometimes) later in the day around 4/5ish (she's dozing off now on the play mat).

She loves her play mat so spends quite a bit of time on there as she hates being fussed with too much - but does quite like sitting on my knee looking round the room as I jabber on to her lol.

Am rubbish at tummy time (oops bad mummy alert) but I am going to start doing this more often to encourage her to build strength in her arms and legs as she pushes upwards - at the moment she's none to impressed by it though so haven't pushed it every day!

I may do the same as you ref feeds and up her amount a little, I give her 6oz bottles and total quantity wise she probably has about the same as your lo over the day - although one of those will be in the night between 3-5am.

xx