Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sorry ladies.....

I know I have said it before but I am still getting brown streaked mucus and what looks like little brown clots (although they break apart easily).....I want to be positive but it is so hard.....I don't mean to upset anyone by this but I just wish my body would make its mind up and if I am miscarrying then get it over and done with instead of tormenting me with this brown crap.

I feel so low right now!

Replies

• Ahhh - hugs!!!! Must be so scarey for you getting all this spotting on and off. I would say as it's brown, it could be old blood. When I had a mc, I got loads of bright red bleeding straight away - no brown at all.

I know it's hard but try not to worry, there's nothing you can do about anything except rest up as much as poss. Are you getting another scan to check on progress? Indulge yourself this weekend and lots of distraction to take your mind off things. Hope it all stops for you xx
  • Hey, don't apologise! I know how you are feeling when I had my mc all the spotting, scans, waiting, more scans etc was so draining and I just wanted to know one way or another. I hope you come out with a positive outcome, and I'm sure with the brown old blood it will be!

When we found out of our mmc to be honest mixed in with the sadness was a sense of relief. Relief that at least we knew and were out of the stress of uncertainty and able to deal with our loss.

So I understand how draining the uncertainty is.

Fingers crossed everything turns out well for you.

xcc
  • Oh babes, I really feel for you. Have you had a mc before? My mc started off brown for a day but very quickly switched to bright red blood. I've read that brown can just be old blood being evacuated. Have you got another scan booked? It's so hard to stay positive, I know it is. Try to rest as much as possible this weekend. Xxx
  • Thanks ladies - I have mmc'd previously and I just feel so defective - why does this keep happening to me, why can't everything just be normal?!?!

I know my moaning and getting upset wont help things and as I said trying to be positive but SO difficult!

I have another scan on Thursday and I am really not hopeful, keep saying to hubby that I just want it over and done with now so that we can try again and maybe even get mc number 3 out the way so they will investigate what is wrong with me.
    I really don't me to depress you lovely ladies at what is such a happy time for you all but I feel like here is the safest place for me to rant....fear if I don't I will lose the plot!!

Oh roll on Thursday!!!!
    xx
  • Rant away! I know when I was told they thought this pg was ectopic I had to ask why I can't just have a normal simple pg to which the epu nurse told me that very few pg are normal and/or simple!
  • Aw angel this is awful for you! Is there no way they can move the scan foward so that you can know one way or another? I have everything crossed for you that this is just a scare! Thinking of you toots.xxx
  • Oh darling im so sorry to hear your going through this- i know exactly what your going through. Just try and rest and take it easy- i know easier said than done- but sending you lots and hugs and hoping all will be fine 0000xxxx
  • rant away its far better to let it all out !! & like you said its safe on here
    the not knowing is awful, but try as much as poss to keep positive & rested!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
  • Don't ever say sorry! We are here for you hon, as empty as that may sound when we cant give you a proper hug. I know the waiting is the hardest bit, but you might find that the worryinig is all for nothing. I've not been on for a while so not 100% sure what you've been going through, but if its still brown that has to be a good thing surely?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your scan on thursday goes ok and that they find the heartbeat for you. xxxx
  • Aw lolli hun. Don't be sorry, I know exactly how you feel. I've been looking into booking a private scan because I just can't shake off this feeling that something is wrong but I'm only 6+1 so have to wait a couple of weeks for the heartbeat to be visable.
    I really, really hope everything is ok for you.
    xxx