Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

who else has already bought something for the bump?

....i know you shouldnt and its terrible of me - but i couldnt help it!
they day after we found out, we had a day off work and went to brighton - we got a little t-shirt with a tiger on it and a set of bodysuits with jungle animals on it!
the nursery is going to be lime green and white, with jungle stickers on the wall and we've already put the lime green blind up (it needed a blind in that room anyway - thats my excuse!)

i know its awful, as its such early days, but i couldnt help it! will stop now...i promise!!!! xx

Replies

• Hi Hun, I have been sorely tempted but we had a M/C in mid august and now 6 weeks ish again so Im holding off till I know all ok at 12 weeks, however I have bought the Mahoooosive fairy powder that was half price in sainsburys (80 washes)image and I keep buying the fairy gel as thats half price at mo too, hubby reckons i now have 5 months worth of daily washes...ha ha xxxx
  • Ahhh that sounds really lovely ! Haven't bought anything yet for a few reasons, I'm still not confident that I have a sticky bean, we still have alot of stuff left from my daughter, once we know pink or blue we'll know if we need to buy more or use my daughters old stuff.
  • Lol wonderwoman we've been doing that too! I have about a years worth of washing gel easy! Haha!

I've managed to resist so far too but my mil has bought some bits! It's my first pregnancy and I'm having trouble believing I can get pg first it a seems a bit surreal!
  • I want to shop....so so much, I'm just browsing alot at the minute and looking for reviews etc. I have been collecting freebies, so have a few packets of nappies etc. I was naughty and bought a samsonite pop up travel cot on ebay becasue it was cheap and we travel to Ireland alot as we trade in Ireland and England and wont really be able to stop taking these journeys for too long after baby is born. so he/she will probably be a frequent traveller and the travel cot folds up to about half the size of a carrier bag.

I very nearly bought the cutest sleep suits in boots but i'll wait till the stuff from the parenting club comes so i get more points.

Emma.xx
  • Hiya, I have bought anything yet although would love to. However my sister had a baby in Jan so is keeping some things aside for me! I cant wait to go shopping with my bump image xxxxx
  • We havnt brought anything yet, we are waiting till after the 12 week scan and then going to buy a few neutral bits as we arnt finding out. We have kept all of ds's clothes incase its a boy but will save what we would of spent on clothes incase its a girl and we can go crazy buying clothes when she's born.
  • Not yet but we have lots from my ds! So this time won't have much to buy, won't stop me buying a few nice bits this time round too.

Think I'll wait til after the 12 week scan, just to be sure! x
  • We haven't brought anything yet, but was so tempted by a cute teddy while we were in Dubai.

I also went into Mama & Papas and Mothercare the other day and felt like everyone was looking at me as if I was a fake as I have no bump yet :\)
  • Well, I had to get a new bra for me (gone up a cup size woohoo!) does that count?!!
  • We havent brought anything yet, although we have most from my daughter still.
    I will buy something when i know if it a boy or girl but that isnt for another 16weeks. Happy shopping ladies
  • I still have a lot of neutral coloured things from my DS, we're not finding out the sex either this time so it will be a mad rush when its born if its a girl! I have bought though 2pks of nappies and 2 tubs of formula, I will buy one of each, each week til babies born to cut down on cost! now that i've typed that, i do sound a bit mad! lol x