Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011

Had my booking in app with my MW today

I was so excited today (& a little nervous) about seeing my midwife for my booking in appointment... The lovely thing is that I've known her since I was born & she's a wonderful family friend. When I was little, I had my first 'sleep over' at her house as I used to play with her daughter... funny to think that when we were on holiday she used to give me a bath in the sink :lol:

It was especially lovely when she asked me if I'd like another appointment in 2wks time to try and hear the heartbeat... she offered this to me, as I previously miscarried & wants to reassure me image

I feel much more relaxed now, as it somehow feels official! Can't wait until the scan, then we can tell the world :\)

Hope you girls are all having positive experiences with your MW x

Replies

• Glad its gone well. Lucky you having a family friend for your midwife!

Got to book mine soon, and I hope shes as nice as yours.
  • I've got mine Monday afternoon, can't wait. Then only 3 weeks until my 12 week scan :\)
  • ahh its so nice to have a lovely MW ... tho id feel a little uncomfortable at the end if i needed a sweep :lol:

i dont have my booking in for another fortnight :x so no idea when my scan will come thru !!
    oh well, i dont think they worry so much 3rd time round ;\) xx
  • You are so lucky, with my first my MW was so horrible i dreaded going to see her.
    I havent got drs til weds so dont even have a booking in appointment yet let alone a scan date.
  • its so much nicer when ur MW is lovely and understanding. Mine is on 28th when I'll be 9+2, then hopefully I'll get my scan date soon after. Can't wait! xx