Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I got my BFP last night!!! due May :)

Morning ladies!!! I'm sooooooo happy, over the moon image

When are you lot/did you lot go to your GP? and what happens?

AF is due this weekend so still V early days so I'm trying to be very level headed about it.

I am due on May 22nd 2011 according to the Pregnology website.

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Yayyyy - welcome and congrats image I got my BFP last Tuesday and went to see the GP which in my opinion was rubbish! Much looking forward to meeting the midwife image XXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to dim:\) im 4 + 1 due on 19th may lookin forward to getting to know you and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months
  • Options
    Wahey! Congrats hon. My gp's surgery dont get you in to see the doc they just book a midwife appointment for between 8-10 weeks, but some make you see the doc (like BK who was then disappointed) which is a waste of time but has to be done! So I'd ring them as soon as you can to start the ball rolling; I have loads of forms to fill in before I see my midwife so you might have to do the same.

Congrats again and welcome to DIM! :\)
  • Options
    yay!! congrats and welcome to due in may!! image
    i am also very early days only 4 +3 ish due 15th may (again ish) im going to call the doctors when i reach 6 weeks i just feel thats the right time for me ...
    im not sure on what they do at my docs as we have moved since having dd1

xx
  • Options
    Wow thanks for the replies ladies!

I am still in shock I think! I am off work next tuesday, by which time AF will be a good 3/4 days late so I think I should make an appointment for then to see my GP. I wont expect much then! ;\)

I'm just excited to be able to walk out with my pregnancy pack... unless you get that at the midwife appointment x

I just still can't believe it!!! even though I've done about 8 different test, and 3 different brands image
  • Options
    Congratulations Mrs SW, it's all very exciting isn't it? Welcome to DIM and looking forward to getting to know you. xx
  • Options
    Thanks very much :\)
    So where are you ladies based? I'm in the Cambridge area. I just called the doctors and they told me I need to phone the midwife directly as that's how it's done here now. So I never see my GP at all!

I will wait until next week though so I'm really late and still getting BFPs, they might think I'm mad if I phone them up now!! I'm only 3+3 I think!!!

xxx
  • Options
    I'm just round the corner from you in Norfolk! There is a thread on here about where everyone is hun. xx
  • Options
    Oh brilliant! Hubby is a Norfolk boy, we spend a lot of time there visiting his parents and we lived in Norwich for a while. Nice to know someone is close, I will check out that other thread x
  • Options
    Ah cool, I'm not actually a Nofolk girl, originally from West Yorkshire but Hubby's job brought us here and we're moving to Lincolnshire next month! xx
  • Options
    Welcome hunni !! I'm 4+6 (i think) and dont intend to call my docs until i'm feeling a bit more comfortable that i'm pregnant. For some reason I just cant get it into my head that i'm pregnant, maybe because of my mc in July i'm too scared to believe it.

I saw my gp with my dd but he didnt do anything other than sort out my mw referrall and arranged an early scan, but that was because they thought I was 12 weeks due to my crazy af cycle when i was only 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome hunni. I'm 6+2 and am due 2nd May. I went to the dr yesterday and am waiting on a midwife appointment coming through in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to chatting with you xx
  • Options
    hello & congratulations !!
    im about 6+1 so due 3rd may ish and havent contacted gp yet, last time i had to do a test to basically prove it to them ;\) then booked with the midwife at the end of that apointment. but im gona leave it another couple of weeks as my surgery dont let u book with midwife until at least 8weeks, and they have recently moved so how knows what they may have changed !!
    i found previous 2 pregnancies a breaze but both births were .... i wont say !!
    so hoping this time things will be different!!
    xx
  • Options
    Hello there, Congrats to you both and wishing you a H&H next 9 months hun. I am in cambridge area too sweeti xxx
  • Options
    elcome to DIM enjoy the journey with us xx
  • Options
    Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been back on here for a while. How are you all doing?
    I have had my first m/w appointment which was great, filled in a LOT of paperwork! I have my first bloods next Tuesday and my 12 week scan is booked in for Nov 8th when I will be 12+1.

I am also having a private scan on 24th Oct when I will be exactly 10 weeks. Can't wait!!

So wonderwoman you're in same area as me! do you mind me asking if you've chosen where to have your little one? It was between Hinchingbrook and The Rosie for me, I have gone with The Rosie as it is closer to both mine and hubby's work places (easier for appointments). Plus I was born there image Apparently they are opening 10 new birthing rooms all with pool facilities in time for us. Which is great because I really want to try a water birth.

I hope you are all cooking nicely!! xx