Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeling really low and scared

I really hesitated to post this but I am just having a bit of a tough time at the mo. I miscarried around the same time last time, and I am just really scared its going to happen again. I have been sick as a dog for the last 5 weeks and my symptoms seem to have alleviated massively today. I am 9+2 and just so scared that something is wrong. I don't feel 100% but I don't feel as bad as I have. I know I should be grateful as I have been so ill but all I am is worried.

I would have been giving birth tomorrow, so maybe this is just stress related to that, but I am just so so scared that something is going to happen. I just want to crawl into bed.

Did anyone's symptoms alleviate after some time?

xxx:cry:

Replies

• Hey Maddy,

Haven't got much useful advice as this is only my first pregnancy but I didn't want to read and run. I'm so sorry to hear about your previous m/c and I'm not surprised you're so stressed what with your previous due date coming up and having m/c at a similar time before. It must be terrifying. Big hugs. I think all the worry is probably playing havoc with your body but it could also be that your placenta is now starting to take over some of the hard work which is why your symptoms seem less. I read that the placenta can start taking over from the 10th week which is why symptoms can start easing up then. Of course for some women it doesn't happen till later around the 14th week but it's all normal. You're into your 10th week now so it could well be that. Hope your 12 week scan comes through quickly and you get the reassurance you need. Best of luck.
  • Hi,

I have never had to suffer a mc so i'm not sure i'll be of any real comfort as i havent experienced that fear, but i do completely understand it. Of course you are going to be feeling low and worried about now and i think anyone who tries again after a mc is very brave..so please dont forget that.

As for syptoms mine come and go. I'm 7 weeks today and have have sickness from 5 weeks, started in the evening, then disapeared for a few days and then came in the morning but today i feel right as rein. Same with my boobs, somedays they hurt so much but then other days like today nothing, it does worry me but i just stand back, relax and do something else (but again i havent had a mc so it must be easier for me to do that)

If in doubt ring your mw surely she will understand why your worried and tell her that you should be at the end of your first pregnancy and maybe she can re-assure you.

Big Hugsxx

Emma.xx
  • Hi hunni !

I could have written that post myself ! This is the week i mc before and my sickness has really tapered off (although i can still feel nausea its easily managable) and that has had me worried. Hubby thought I was going mad when I cried as I didnt feel sick anymore as the other night I was crying because I felt sick ! I cant win !

I guess all you can do is try as hard as you can to stay positive, and believe me I know how tough that can be (especially as I had a little bleed yesterday) but worrying and stressing really isnt going to help.

However if you think you will feel a bit better by hibernating in bed for a day or two then do it ! I have been in bed asleep by 7.30-8pm every night both as i'm exhausted and then I dont spend all evening fretting !

Babes I really really do sympathise, its horrid and hard especially with your mc edd coming round, you need to take the time to grieve that baby and try to keep pma for this one. Can you call your mw and get some reassurance ?

Feel free to email me if you wanna chat. XX
  • THanks ladies. I just feel like I want to hide until I am 12 weeks - thinking that will make everything ok. Its been such an emotional few weeks, I think its taken its toll. Can't cope with it today. I have also started eating better so maybe thats helping the nausea. It doesn't help that I feel constantly wet down there (sorry tmi) - its driving me a little insane.

Sorry, just not a good day today. Dreading tomorrow. xx
  • Oh sweetheart, I've never had a mc so I can't imaging the heartache you must be feeling, I've never had any real symptoms with this pregnancy or with my son so I can relate to worrying about lack of them and thinking something must be wrong. I am sure everything will be fine although I know that's no real comfort for you.

My thoughts are with you hun. Xxx
  • tyr and get as much rest as you can, all the thought of your mc'd baby (in my opinion) will add so much stress, its impossible not to think about it!!
    i had a mc quite quick after my first baby, but sadly the first i knew was wen i lost it, i was utterly devastated & had no idea how to deal with it! so the fact you were fully aware & tried again i find very brave !!
    do whatever it takes to put your mind at ease
    i get highs & lows with my symptons too so dont thin it automatically means theres a problem, like Koalagirl said it could simply be the placenta startin to pull its weight xxx