Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011

Hellooo how was your xmas :D

Hello my lovelies

How were all your xmas'? Mine was a bit pants in all honesty! On the tuesday me and hubby both came down with flu image the kids had come down with it on saturday and were both miserable and grotty. They had picked up a bit by xmas day but me and rob were both still feeling like crap! Then Abby came down with a sickness bug in the afternoon and it seems to have just been downhill from there! The house is a tip and I can't be bothered to sort it out properly, I'm still stuck in the house because the snow hasn't melted here yet and is pretty much solid now and I'm still feeling really tired/achy/bunged up.

Anyway sorry for the rant! How were all your xmas'? On the plus side I've been getting some proper full on kicks from baby which is lovely and reassuring.

xxxx

xx

Replies

• Oh no, bless you. I think you should make the most of New year if you have had a rubbish christmas. - Make a big dinner on New years day and make a big deal of it. Think it will make you feel better, like you haven't missed out.

I thought ours was heading that way too when at 6pm christmas eve hubby suddenly started being very sick, very sick. (bless him though he suddenly had a lot of sympathy for me in his sickness - he hasn't been sick for ages and said 'Is this what you went though for 12 weeks?' yes I replied and he has really looked after me since. image He was nice to me before, but extra nice now) Anyway after being up all night, he woke up at 6am, feeling better. So we had a great Christmas. Enjoyed our last before we have a baby and really looking forward to next year now.

• Oh dear, doesnt sound an ideal Xmas.

Ours was low key but ok. Hubby was super tired as it was his first day off for 2 weeks so after opening charlotte's presents he went back to bed, then when he got up I went back to bed and he cooked the Xmas lunch (which we actually had for tea as worked out easier with charlotte). Boxing day was ok, had some nice food, bit of a shock from my younger sister (see my other post) but again we both had a relax and a nap in the day then went to bed early with a dvd as hubby was up for work at 4am the next day.

Felt weird not spending it with my mum, but nice to have it just us so no pressure. Also felt odd to not be downing the wine, I had one glass and that was it.
  • Ah sorry that you didn't all have a great one.

We got up and opened stockings then went to my mum's - had a lovely time as there were 10+Theo including my parens in law so lots of people to entertain him and we had a great time. He was so excited he stayed up til gone 9pm and then I sat back and had a glass of wine! First one for ages but I thought hey it's Christmas day and I really enjoyed it.

Since then we've been doing lots of eating, playing with pressies - Theo still hasn't opened all his as there's so many we're opening a few a day so he gets to play with everything before opening the next! Well he's only 19 months so it's not like he minds!!

He has been murder with sleeping though this week, keeps waking up at night and refusing to go back to sleep and always calling for mamamama so I'm really glad Z is off work all week as otherwise I'd be completely shattered.

My mum did a stocking for the baby - got a squeaky toy, hand-knitted toy cat, set of 3 bibs and some nipple shields for me!! (I suffered a lot with breastfeeding my son!!) She also got us a brilliant new video monitor which we've already put in Theo's room - we can get an extra monitor and have it on split screen so very chuffed with that.

Blimey sorry for the ramble, I'm on the computer for a change rather than the iPhone so I can be bothered to type more!! image

What you all doing for new year? I think we're going to have my mum, brother, sister (also pregnant), and her husband over. We might do a murder mystery or just nice food and some games / tv etc. Low-key since two of us are pregnant!!

• Aw glad all your xmas's were lovely! I'm feeling much better now thank you everyone, just still suffering with tiredness and evening sickness! I don't remember it going on this long with my others and its only for a couple of hours in the evening but I literally have to force myself to eat tea..anyone else still suffering?

For new year we've been invited to a new years eve party at my friends house but rob doesn't want to go. I can understand why, there friends of mine he's never met so will know no-one but me but still...I don't want to just sit in on new years eve! I think we might end up going to the cinema instead...its not as if I'll be able to stay up until midnight anyway!

xxx
  • Pickles, I have been getting a return of my sickness (I say return it only disappeared for about 2 weeks) and hits worst around lunch time. So I'm still convinced I'll be team blue!

New years eve hubby is on nights, during the day we have a few jobs to do then hubby will go to bed around 4pm. I'll probably just put madam to bed at 7pm, have tea then chill in bed with DVDs. With the greatest will in the world I doubt I'll be awake at midnight unless I get a bout of restless legs to keep me awake.