Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 week scan - bit worried :(

I'm sure i'm being silly but i'm just back from my 20 week scan and i was in there for all of ten minutes. I thought this scan took about half an hour? She said everything was fine and even told us the sex which our hospital doesn't do! I'm sooo happy everything is ok but what if she has missed something? Probably just my hormones girls!! image xx

Replies

• Hi

i am glad all was well, but i understand your concerns that your appointment was short and sweet!

I have read about 20 weeks scans, and them going through all the details, having to measure the baby etc. I had been getting a bit concerned that my appointment would be short as i have never had an appointment yet where i have felt i was given all the info (even though i don't know what i am expecting!).

Seeing as i attend the same hospital as you, i am glad to read your post as if mine is short and sweet i will not worry.

Baby was obviously playing ball and be nice and co-operative for them to see all they needed to in such a short time.

• When I went for mine, she said it would take half an hour and we were out in 15 minutes and baby wouldn't stop moving so she found it hard to get some things. So I wouldn't worry about 10 minutes-You must have a photogenic baby. image
  • thanks girls she ticked all the boxes on my sheet and we saw all the chambers of the heart and she checked the blood flow, stomach, kidneys, brain etc.. so I guess she did a lot just worried she wanted home for her new years eve party lol the baby was measuring a bit smaller than he should but she said it was within 10 percent and i have a growth scan in 7 weeks so i'm sure i will get some reassurance then! I think we are going to Perth at 25 weeks to get the dvd done then so 2 more opportunities to see the wee man yet! image xx
  • Hi hun

I know how you feel. When I went for my 20 week scan with Theo I was in there about 5 minutes if that! I felt really let down and was beside myself with worry that she could have missed something so I booked a private anomaly scan which was lovely. The woman doing it spent about an hour showing us the baby and took the time to get some lovely photos for us.

Its well worth the money to have a private one done I think, I'll definitley do the same again this time.

xxx